Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/17/2005 10:13:01 PM EDT
yay!  Just picked it up today. used with about 1000 rds through it.  Only visible wear is on the slide stop (though that will change as this will be my CCW gun).  got it for $375.

Gonna pick up a comp tac ghurka (never gonna tuck the 19 and the ghurka is more stable than the c-tac, lucky enough that 15 degree cant is great for me.)

Tac light in the near future.

The glock 26 is moving to an ankle rig for deep concealment and those times i feel the need for a second gun.
Link Posted: 5/18/2005 11:58:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Congrats on the 19 I love mine.  The 26 is my alternate carry gun.  I need to get an ankle rig for it.
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 3:14:50 AM EDT
[#2]
G19 is tied for second on the list, with a G30  Wait, G21??
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 3:22:06 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
G19 is tied for second on the list, with a G30  Wait, G21??

Use my G30 for concealed carry (uses G21 mags ). Looking at a G19 in the OD color for some additional Hi Cap paper punching and as a home defense weapon for my wife. Now just got to find one for a good price!
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 9:57:58 AM EDT
[#4]
My Glock 19 is the handiest little pistol I have. I use it as my main carry gun and night stand and take it camping and basicaly all over. Every one in my family is comfortable with it and is confident when they shoot it and I think it is great to have a pistol of that nature.
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 3:36:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Good deal on that purchase, the G19 is one of my favorites.
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 7:15:52 PM EDT
[#6]
I picked up my G19 Monday.  It's just about the most perfectly sized gun I've seen: not too thick, not too heavy, not too long (either the grip or the barrel).  Perfection indeed.  It's already loaded with Federal Hydra-Shok with Streamlight M3.
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 8:35:38 PM EDT
[#7]
Got the comp-tac ghurka in today. Without a doubt the most stable IWB holster in existance. Seriously, rock solid. With the rear clip infront of the belt loop on my 5.11's it rides at 9 o'clock (i'm a lefty), which i find perfect. I can't get the 19 to print no matter which way i turn. With the 15 degree forward cant and the 9:00 position it sticks straight up while seated in the car without pressing on the seat. Very easy seated draw, you don't even have to lean. Thus far i'm very happy with the holster.

On closeout for $40 at comp-tac.com
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 1:16:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Comp-Tacs are nice, but not as comfortable or concealable as this:

Link Posted: 5/21/2005 7:59:44 PM EDT
[#9]
The UCR is a nice holster if it fits the curve of your body.  Some love it, some don't.  The nice thing about the comp-tac is that it uses leather to connect the belt clip so it molds to your body.  I also prefer adjustable tension and one piece constuction over rivets.
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 1:56:34 AM EDT
[#10]
congrats!
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 6:31:17 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Got the comp-tac ghurka in today. Without a doubt the most stable IWB holster in existance. Seriously, rock solid. With the rear clip infront of the belt loop on my 5.11's it rides at 9 o'clock (i'm a lefty), which i find perfect. I can't get the 19 to print no matter which way i turn. With the 15 degree forward cant and the 9:00 position it sticks straight up while seated in the car without pressing on the seat. Very easy seated draw, you don't even have to lean. Thus far i'm very happy with the holster.

On closeout for $40 at comp-tac.com

I've owned Ghurkas for every handgun I've owned. I love them!  I currently carry a G30 in a UCR and it does conceal better due to the slide's thickness. It's just as comfortale, too. I tried the CTAC and they are very uncomfortable for my body... too many sharp edges.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top