Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 8/16/2005 2:16:45 PM EDT
Hi folks, what's the favourite sights these days for your carry gun?

I dropped my G27 last weekend onto a rough concrete driveway and it effectively squashed the front sight and roughed up the rear. Could probably go cheap and just relpace the front, but I figure this is a good excuse to upgrade to something slightly radioactive.

Link Posted: 8/16/2005 2:29:15 PM EDT
I'm rather partial to the Trijicon Night Sites on my Glock 23.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 3:15:47 PM EDT
Meps seam to be the forum favorite but I've been switching all mine to the AmeriGlo Operator. They cost just a few dollars more but you don't need special tools to install them because they come with everything you need.

Link Posted: 8/16/2005 6:18:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/16/2005 6:19:37 PM EDT by steve0]
Check CDNN Investments website. They have a bunch of sites that would be good replacements. I think that the factory adjustable rears were under $7.00. Great deals on nite sites too.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 7:13:55 PM EDT

Originally Posted By steve0:
Check CDNN Investments website. They have a bunch of sites that would be good replacements. I think that the factory adjustable rears were under $7.00. Great deals on nite sites too.

Adjustable sights on a Glock 27?

Have you thought this through?
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 10:16:10 PM EDT
steve0

No offence but the factory adjustable sights are like rolling on a condom, then cutting the tip off before putting it to use...............

Worthless
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 5:13:06 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/17/2005 5:15:17 AM EDT by BrianNH]

Originally Posted By HotRod9mm:
Meps seam to be the forum favorite but I've been switching all mine to the AmeriGlo Operator. They cost just a few dollars more but you don't need special tools to install them because they come with everything you need.

www.lonewolfdist.com/photos/AME-GL127.jpg</a>

HotRod, the picture you posted does not represent the Ameriglo Operator sight but the smooth slope sight, however, I just discovered this is a new hybrid sight. It combines the .125 narrow front sight post of the operator with the traditional smooth slope rear minus the white outlines. Interesting. I'm hot to try a set now. I was looking at trying a set of Novaks although they are a little pricey. These just may be the ticket.

By the way, I use and like the Heinie straight 8's on my Glocks.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 5:31:32 AM EDT
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 6:34:45 AM EDT

Originally Posted By BrianNH:
....the picture you posted does not represent the Ameriglo Operator sight ....

My bad. I should have mention they were the new Smooth Slope Operators and not the traditional Operator sights.

Link Posted: 8/17/2005 6:46:15 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Aim4MyHead:
As far as sights go. I prefer Meps. As far as using sights on my carry gun. I don't see that happening. If i have time to take a sight picture i have time to do something else.Most defensive shootings happen too close to fully extend your arms to make a sight picture. They happen to fast . You need to practice without using your sights. Hip shooting, snap or point shooting is very important.

J

Would it be better to spend the sight money on Lenny Macgill videos? [/joking]

I like the looks of the ameriglo sights. Anything that comes with its own tools is good.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 8:22:43 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/17/2005 8:25:54 AM EDT by BrianNH]

Originally Posted By anomad:

Would it be better to spend the sight money on Lenny Macgill videos? [/joking]

Yes, particularly the "workout" video where he runs around in spandex.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 5:26:22 PM EDT
I was not suggesting the adjustable sights for the 27, that was the only price that I could recall off the top of my head (thought that it was a good price though). I believe that the factory night sights were in the $50 range. Left my catalog at work or I would be a little more specific.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 6:55:17 PM EDT

Originally Posted By BrianNH:

Originally Posted By HotRod9mm:

www.lonewolfdist.com/photos/AME-GL127.jpg</a>

HotRod, the picture you posted does not represent the Ameriglo Operator sight but the smooth slope sight, however, I just discovered this is a new hybrid sight. It combines the .125 narrow front sight post of the operator with the traditional smooth slope rear minus the white outlines. Interesting. I'm hot to try a set now. I was looking at trying a set of Novaks although they are a little pricey. These just may be the ticket.

By the way, I use and like the Heinie straight 8's on my Glocks.

I just purchased a set of the smoothe operator sights, and I must say they are sweet! I like them better than my Meps on my G-30. The really nice thing is that anyone can install these sights, and you do not need a rear sight installer. All you need to do is set your rear windage, and blue locktite the smoothe slope rear sight set screws.

Check out the Ameriglo website (http://www.ameriglo.com/), and when you go to the first checkout page look for the the coupon code and plug in "GSSF" You will get a 25% discount off of the smoothe operator sights.

The .125 front sight are very nice.

BTW Amerglo customer service is tops!

Enjoy

Check it out!

Top Top