Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/10/2007 2:59:27 PM EDT
I need to know what the two parts of the 96d that click after you dry fire the pistol while keeping the trigger pulled all the way back, then cycle the slide and then slowly release the trigger.  

I am in a police academy and today we started firearms training. The instructors will take 4 demerits away if anyone can tell them what is making the two clicks when the triger is released.  I really apreciate any info you guys can give.

P.S. I believe one of the clicks has to do with the triger bar, but I'm not sure what the seccond one is.
Link Posted: 9/12/2007 12:20:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Sear resetting would be my personal guess.

Good luck!  
Link Posted: 9/13/2007 12:29:28 AM EDT
[#2]
thanks.
so far we have figured out it has something to do with the fireing pin block lever engaging on the firing pin block, but one of the words we are using isn't exactly correct.
Link Posted: 9/13/2007 10:44:49 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
thanks.
so far we have figured out it has something to do with the fireing pin block lever engaging on the firing pin block, but one of the words we are using isn't exactly correct.

Here's hoping he also won't discount points for spelling either...............      
Link Posted: 9/13/2007 2:07:01 PM EDT
[#4]
the 96D is double action, no sear.
Link Posted: 10/12/2007 6:51:06 PM EDT
[#5]
first click is the firing pin block resetting while the second is the trigger bar resetting on the hammer
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top