Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 4/12/2006 4:58:57 PM EST
ok i would like to buy a kimber 22lr 1911 but according to my father i need a permit to buy a handgun in the state of missouri now does some one know if this law went out with the assault weapons ban ........... i think the law is (or was) a load of so if you have any useful info on this topic please tell me
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 6:33:34 PM EST
You need a permit to purchase. Go to your county sherrif, fill out the form, wait the time they specify to you, pick up the form, buy gun...repeat as needed
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 6:14:53 PM EST
Yep, what M15A2 said. Depending on county, it can be same day (platte) or a whole week (greene). Retarded and redundant process, backdoor registration, and a completely inept way of solving crime. But the county gets $10 for every pistol sold, so the law will never change.
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 2:51:07 AM EST
+1

All they do is check you in MULES (and ALERT in my county). Takes them *literally* 10 seconds. However, here in Jackson County they make you wait a week. As a cop, I used to be able to talk dispatch into doing the check right away and signing off right then and there (since it did take them only 10 seconds and I know most of the dispatchers, so they had no problems doing it). However, now they have some bitch sergeant who won't let them do that anymore.
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 7:37:38 AM EST
Yeah Platte County is making you wait a mandatory 48 hours and up to 7 days for your permit. It sucks big time...
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 10:48:15 AM EST

Originally Posted By Dangasaur:
Yeah Platte County is making you wait a mandatory 48 hours and up to 7 days for your permit. It sucks big time...

This must be new, I got my last permit a couple months ago same day.
Link Posted: 4/19/2006 12:39:06 PM EST
It started the 2nd or 3rd week in February. I know because I ended up a victim by only 2 or 3 days...
Top Top