Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/14/2006 11:27:00 AM EDT
I am looking to get a CZ 75 B. I held one the other day, and fell in love. I will put hogue grips on it, and anything else you suggest.

here is my dilema. I am not 21 and in my state, (TX), you cannot buy it from a dealer until you are 21. FTF transactions are legal for pistols if you are over 18 (which i am), but i am having trouble finding one.

any ideas?
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 11:39:18 AM EDT
[#1]
wait three years?
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 11:40:48 AM EDT
[#2]
thanks for being helpful.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 12:51:30 PM EDT
[#3]
If FTF 's are legal then do what ever you have to do.  Check out the local classifieds, your hometown forum or the EE for people willing to meet you for a transfer.  Parents?  Give the cash to mom or pop and have them buy the pistol and give you a late Christmas present.  If its legal and your truely interested, you'll find a way.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 1:19:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Go to a gunshow. Check the EE. Be prepared to convince a seller of the legality of the sale, because I tried to do the same thing you're doing and had a tough time.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 1:27:12 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Go to a gunshow. Check the EE. Be prepared to convince a seller of the legality of the sale, because I tried to do the same thing you're doing and had a tough time.

I dotn look as young as I really am, so hopefully no one will card me.

I would let my parents give me a "late christmas present" but they are opposed to anything that isnt used to hunt deer or hogs. came home with a 870 tactical on day, OD finish, 8+1, speed feed stocks, and my dad ripped me a new onw instead of saying "cool" or "its your money"
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 3:44:55 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

check gunbroker and go through the local auctions.  going to gun shows can be iffy as many vendors are businesses and still won't be able to sell to you.

oh and good choice on a pistol.  i love my compact pcr.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top