Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/25/2003 6:38:55 PM EDT
Went to gander mtn to get some targets, and some .223 ammo. Imagine my surprise when I spied a G17 in the case, tagged at $359.00. hmmmm..That's worth a second look. it looked brand new!! it's a second gen (which I prefer), had the box, two 10 rounders, and looked like it hadn't even been fired. I took it apart, and it still had the copper lube on the frame from the factory.I doubt if it has a box of ammo through it.  It gets better...if you opened a GM CC today, you got an additional 10% off, plus not having to pay for the gun for 12 months..So, I got a like new G17 for $325.00!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 8/25/2003 6:42:52 PM EDT
[#1]
You don't need to pick up targets Brother Bill. I'll let you use all the round sysmic charts you can shoot at
You know, the ones with the center hole in them already. I say again, thats a sweet deal you got on that Glock
Link Posted: 8/25/2003 7:19:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks Brother Chris. If you survive your new 4 wheeler, I may even let you shoot it!!!!
Link Posted: 8/25/2003 7:23:25 PM EDT
[#3]
SWEET!
Link Posted: 8/26/2003 7:35:08 AM EDT
[#4]
Sounds awesome!  The copper lube can be bought/replaced though so this isn't really a good indicator.  Look for peening on the slide around the locking block area.

www.glockfaq.com/maintenance.htm#peen

Since my frame has never worn anywhere from it's stock condition even with 2/3 thousand rounds through it, I couldn't tell you where to look on the frame.  Just check the slide for the wear marks then see if the serial #'s match between the slide and frame.

Then you should know if it's absolutoley new or not.  Even if it's a refurb I still think that's a superb deal.
Link Posted: 8/26/2003 8:37:21 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks, that's a good site, will add it to the favorites. Another is glocktalk. No, it's definitely not a refurbish. The salesperson took it in from the original owner. Has a tiny bit of "peening," never knew the proper term till now. Will take her for a spin soon....
Link Posted: 8/26/2003 12:25:11 PM EDT
[#6]
Strange, I just stopped by Gander up here in Mpls and adopted a 2nd gen G22 with 2 10 rounders for 299.00 - it sounds like yours is in a little better shape than mine, but hell, for 3 bills I can't afford NOT to buy it.  

Happy shooting, mmsig
Link Posted: 8/26/2003 7:11:15 PM EDT
[#7]
I don't think you should put as much wheel bearing greese on it as you do on the AK's. But thats a great deal.
Link Posted: 8/26/2003 7:18:57 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I don't think you should put as much wheel bearing greese on it as you do on the AK's. But thats a great deal.

You mean your glasses aren't supposed to get splashed with grease from the first 3 shots out of the normal firearm
Link Posted: 8/28/2003 4:58:08 AM EDT
[#9]
now you need to pimp it out :)
Link Posted: 8/29/2003 3:45:49 PM EDT
[#10]
Great Price !!!
Link Posted: 9/5/2003 8:16:16 PM EDT
[#11]
In OH are you able to just walk into a gun store and purchase a pistol without a purchase permit? If so, very cool, I may move there :-p

EDIT: Nevermind, Im dumb, you all lucky bastards have CCW's. Cant wait til I turn 21.
Link Posted: 9/5/2003 8:51:56 PM EDT
[#12]
Well, they do an instant background check. I just got home from your fine state a couple of hours ago. Spent two days at the Henry Ford Museum, and Greenfield Village. Lost some $$$at the MGM Grand, and stopped at Cabella's on the way home. PS When the HELL are they going to fix the roads in MI!!!!!!!???????They are the worst roads I've ever had the misfortune of attempting to navigate!!!!Think I'll send your governor the bill to get my 4WD realigned......
Link Posted: 9/6/2003 4:28:08 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Well, they do an instant background check. I just got home from your fine state a couple of hours ago. Spent two days at the Henry Ford Museum, and Greenfield Village. Lost some $$$at the MGM Grand, and stopped at Cabella's on the way home. PS When the HELL are they going to fix the roads in MI!!!!!!!???????They are the worst roads I've ever had the misfortune of attempting to navigate!!!!Think I'll send your governor the bill to get my 4WD realigned......

Our roads are pretty bad, but they are doing alot of work. US31 between Berrien and Niles got partially refinished last year, and I do believe they are setting up to do the Niles end this year or next. PLUS!!! They just opened the next section of the 31 bypass! Very cool, makes my trip to college faster and much safer. But overall, our roads do suck, its the bad winters that do it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top