Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/11/2005 9:48:06 AM EDT
 I posted this in the springfield section as well but thought maybe some of the 1911 gurus might have an answer or idea as well.

has anyone used this package together? They show the M6 (or M6X not sure) on there web page mounted onto a TRP operator. I recently purchased an M6 for a good price and it will not get a good tight lock on the rail. There is a lot of forward and bakward movement when it is mounted.

I called insight last week and explained what was going on. The lady i talked to sent me a newer version of their lock bar and it still does it. I plan on trying to get a call into springfeild monday to see if they have any ideas or if they used a different moutning system on the gun on the web page. If you take the locking bar out of the unit and set it in the rail there is s signifigant gap in it.

Anyone have any ideas or sugestions??

edited to add: does anyone know what the spec is on the rails sections are supposed to be? I just checked mine and they all measure 0.2025". The lockbar on the light measures 0.1775".
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 10:05:04 AM EDT
[#1]
I have not measured my Operator, but let me take a stab at this.  I used to have an M3 on mine, and it also moved back and forth.  It's not an issue for functionality, just a slight annoyance.  That bar is made to fit on both Glock rails and Picatinny rails.  The Glock rail has a narrower slot.  I have a Surefire X200A on my Operator now, and it comes with a lock bar for Picatinny rails and one for Glocks.  They are indeed different in width.  

The Operator is a Picatinny.  Anyway, I don't know if Insight Technologies makes a truly wide enough bar for the Picatinny rails, but like I said, it's just an annoyance, and not a functionality issue.  Once you shoot the gun, the light moves forward, and pretty much stays there.   You might try and sight it in with the light pushed forward and see if it affect POI using the laser compared to when the sight is moved back in the slot.
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 11:02:46 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the input hobbs, you are definitley right. It is an annoyance lol. i havent even tried to zero the laser yet due to thati t annoys me so dang much. I have mounted it on my buddies glock and like you said it fits like a glove. I gues i will make aother callto insight and talk to them again. They have been great with there customer service helping me try to figure this out. Now tht you bring up the differenmt rails i am almost willing to bet there is some sort of adapater to fit a picatinny rail. seems like i saw something listed sopmewhere. will have to just dig a litle deeper. thanks again.
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 9:39:42 PM EDT
[#3]
I'd just like to chime in as a TLE owner with an M6.  In the early days of owning an M6, I used to swap it around on several different guns.  It didn't take long for the plastic rails to get pretty chewed up.  It has a lot of play now in all three axis, making it impossible to hold zero.  I use mine mostly for the light, so the laser problem hasn't been a big issue for me.  Also, the battery cap / switch assembly is lose, causing the M6 to shut off periodically when shooting.  I love the concept, but I think I'll be switching to the Surefire the next time I'm in the market for a new light.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top