Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/23/2017 3:33:41 PM EDT
I have been using the 18# yellow self defense spring that came in my CGW's  spring kit. I have been using it with the stock firing pin spring and have had no issues with light primer strikes even using wolf ammo.
so today messing around I installed the 15# gold competition/range spring without changing the firing pin spring..it ran Win. white box and federal fine, I had no wolf to try.
I really don't feel a single action reduction, but the double action pull is now similiar to my Beretta 92 with D spring  and I really like it.
anyone run anything that light for a hammer spring in your P-09?
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 4:52:08 PM EDT
[#1]
I run the gold spring in my P-09 with full CGW pro kit installed. I've only ran my reloads through it but so far in about 500 rds it's been 100% ignighting CCI small pistol primers.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 7:33:54 PM EDT
[#2]
I am using the Gold 15# spring I have a spare Blue 13# I might try one day.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 7:54:06 PM EDT
[#3]
I've only tried the heavier CGW spring.

100% with winchester, wolf, and CCI primed handloads.

I run mine Cocked & Locked, so I don't mess with DA much

Link Posted: 8/23/2017 9:05:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I've only tried the heavier CGW spring.

100% with winchester, wolf, and CCI primed handloads.

I run mine Cocked & Locked, so I don't mess with DA much

http://i.imgur.com/arcMqLT.jpg
View Quote

That looks familiar......  seeing your P-09 all the time I had to give one a go thanks a lot jerk

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 9:17:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

That looks familiar......  seeing your P-09 all the time I had to give one a go thanks a lot jerk

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/127189/IMG_4536-288617.JPG
View Quote
Nice

Link Posted: 8/23/2017 9:44:36 PM EDT
[#6]
I've used the 15 pound with the stock firing pin without any issues. I now use the blue 13 pound spring in both a P-07 and 09 with CGW Pro packages.

I've had only ONE light strike from factory ammo. I don't use steel/aluminum cased ammo so I can't comment on how that would work.
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 9:04:22 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/127189/IMG_4536-288617.JPG
View Quote
What sights are those?
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 11:59:23 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
What sights are those?
View Quote
Looks like the Dawson set CGW sells.

https://cajungunworks.com/product/92050-competition-grade-all-steel-sight-set-p-0709-series/
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 2:15:44 PM EDT
[#9]
they look like Dawson to me also.

Mine are Dawson

Link Posted: 8/24/2017 2:35:04 PM EDT
[#10]
I used the 15lb spring once in my P07 for a few rounds - got a light strike on a WWB round. Repeated strikes didn't set it off. It was with the Cajun FP and FP spring as well.

First time I've ever had a dud / non-firing WWB round after more than a decade of shooting thousands of rounds, maybe even tens of thousands of rounds, of WWB. I switched back to the 18lb or whatever spring it was, and have stayed there since...it might have just been a bad round but for it to happen less than 10 rounds into a hammer spring change? I don't believe in that much coincidence.
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 5:20:30 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I used the 15lb spring once in my P07 for a few rounds - got a light strike on a WWB round. Repeated strikes didn't set it off. It was with the Cajun FP and FP spring as well.

First time I've ever had a dud / non-firing WWB round after more than a decade of shooting thousands of rounds, maybe even tens of thousands of rounds, of WWB. I switched back to the 18lb or whatever spring it was, and have stayed there since...it might have just been a bad round but for it to happen less than 10 rounds into a hammer spring change? I don't believe in that much coincidence.
View Quote
Personally, I would of tried a few more rounds of different ammo before I gave up on the 15 pound spring. My only squib round was with WWB (but in 38 special) so that put a halt to me buying anymore WWB in any caliber. My P-07 I ran 400-500 rounds with the 15 pound spring and factory firing pin/spring and no issues with various factory brass cased ammo.
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 5:32:52 PM EDT
[#12]
well went back to the range today and shot about 250 rnds...  I love the 15# spring... and I was using Winchester WB 115gr FMJ... I have been shooting win. white box for thousands of rounds in all my pistols...without a hiccup.
anyway,  I have found that my groups have shrunk alot since I installed the CGW parts and spring kit... I actually shot the P-09 better than my Beretta 92 today... very unusual for me.. I usually shoot my M9 and 92FS better than any of my Sigs or other pistols...  I let a few other guys at the range shoot my P-09... they were amazed how well they shot it... I just put it in my hand..the gun does all the work!
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 6:01:03 PM EDT
[#13]
Exactly this they are the taller of the two CGW sells.
Link Posted: 9/2/2017 2:45:34 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Exactly this they are the taller of the two CGW sells.
View Quote
Same on my P-07.  Really happy with them.

I have every part Cajun offers for the P-07 I believe.  Happy with all of it.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/2/2017 2:12:02 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Same on my P-07.  Really happy with them.

I have every part Cajun offers for the P-07 I believe.  Happy with all of it.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/276991/IMG_20161213_190937-296906.JPG
View Quote
You changed guide rod and spring?  Notice significant difference?
Link Posted: 9/2/2017 5:14:46 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

You changed guide rod and spring?  Notice significant difference?
View Quote
If I'm totally honest I'm fixing to embarrass myself.  Yes, everything has been changed.

However, I'm the wrong guy to speak on the difference in feel because I simply don't shoot enough.

So take what I tell you with a huge bag of salt.

I didn't shoot the pistol but a few magazines stock.  I hated the sights and the trigger.  Then I got physically hurt to where I couldn't get out and shoot much.

Anyway, when I bought all of the stuff I installed it and noticed substantial improvement, but I still haven't fired it much.

I would say the biggest thing is the weight of the stainless rod.  It's heavier and the gun is very controllable.  I *think* it may be a little smoother in function with the spring change, but that may also be in my head.

It's totally subjective, and I don't want to tell you something as absolute truth if I'm not sure.

The pistol as a whole is amazing.  Recoil is super manageable, and it's accurate.  (Duh, right?)

I should have done more testing.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top