Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/18/2016 1:02:40 PM EDT
looking at the 229 compact legion  in 40 or 9mm for carry .any issues with the 40 cal? know a lot of le carry 40 such as ncis and such have shot both but just looking for input
Link Posted: 12/18/2016 1:48:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Most agency's are moving over to the 9mm from the .40, there is some interesting ballistic data looking at depth of penetration. Both are great but all my sigs go 9mm and I don't really want to start anything but in my opinion you should go 9mm
Link Posted: 12/18/2016 5:50:48 PM EDT
[#2]
9mm is currently all the rage, until another high profile failure sends everyone back to more powerful calibers.

9mm is dirt cheap right now too.  Walmart had 50 round boxes of Perfecta for less than $10 a box.

Still, I went with .357sig in mine.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/18/2016 10:35:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Yeah the gun is fantastic in either caliber, you just need to decide which caliber fits your needs better. Hit the "ammunition" section of the handgun section of this forum and you'll see plenty of debate of 9mm vs 40.
Link Posted: 12/18/2016 11:03:07 PM EDT
[#4]
I was a dyed in the wool 40 fanboy, but my friends with 9's would always beat me at the range. So I switched over to 9MM and ain't looked back.
Get good Ammo like Gold Dot or HST for protection and your good to go.
Plus it seems that it's hard to Sale a 40 or trade it in right now, and 9's sale like hot cakes.
Here's my 226 Legion SAO 9MM with threaded barrel.

Link Posted: 12/18/2016 11:20:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Does anyone make 40 to 9mm conversion barrels for these yet? If so I'd get the 40 cal then pick up a 9mm threaded barrel for suppressor use.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 9:55:36 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Does anyone make 40 to 9mm conversion barrels for these yet? If so I'd get the 40 cal then pick up a 9mm threaded barrel for suppressor use.
View Quote

I don't know about the conversion quality. They are out there but I believe the frames are the same on the .40 and 9mm so you can always do a new slide.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top