Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/14/2006 2:29:51 PM EDT
i have a colt commander with a millet adjustable rear sight. i want to replace it with a none adjustable sight. the problem is the dovetail is larger than normal. my question is where do i find a sight to replace mine? thank you for your input
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 2:33:55 PM EDT
[#1]
tag
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 5:29:54 PM EDT
[#2]
I have tried this question before. Hate to inform you of this, but there are so many proprietery types of cuts that no one can give you an answer. Best advice that I was given was to pick out a sight that I want to have installed and send it to a smith. Good luck with your quest.
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 6:15:17 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I have tried this question before. Hate to inform you of this, but there are so many proprietery types of cuts that no one can give you an answer. Best advice that I was given was to pick out a sight that I want to have installed and send it to a smith. Good luck with your quest.

odds are high the slide will have to be machined. You need to find a fized sighte that is larger than this millet site and still have enough meat on the slide to install a sight.

Or get a bald slide and have what you want installed
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 6:35:33 AM EDT
[#4]
A picture of your slide and sight would be helpful.  Millett adjustable rears can be low mounted by machining, or they can be put in the existing dovetail.  It would be unusual for the actual dovetail to be enlarged but not low mounted into the slide.  If it's just in the factory dovetail and the dovetail is oversized, then machining it for a larger fixed sight would be no problem.  I can probably tell you what your options are from a picture of your slide.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top