Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Page Handguns » Kahr
Site Notices
9/19/2017 7:27:10 PM
Posted: 3/5/2002 8:28:33 AM EDT
So last thursday I got a Kahr p9 and saturday took it to the range. I don't know what to make of it. It seemed to be accurate and the trigger pull is very sweet but I had trouble racking the slide and feeding a new mag. When I put in a fresh mag I pull back on the slide and release. and it would not go all the way forward or I would have to slam the mag in with the heel of my hand. Has anyone else had this problem? What should I do?

thanks,
-CK
by the way my name is Chris Kahrhoff, so I just had to get one of these
Link Posted: 3/5/2002 3:12:09 PM EDT
cck-

Welcome to the Kahr forum. Hope to see you posting here often.
A couple of questions about your Kahr and mags and ammo.
Were these factory mags or aftermarket?
Was the ammo, factory new or remanufactured or reloads? The chambers on the Kahr's are very tight, in some cases near match grade tight.
With the mags were they fully loaded? The mag springs on the Kahr factory mags are pretty strong to insure that they will feed reliably at the slide speeds generated with +P and +P+ ammo.
Link Posted: 3/5/2002 4:39:57 PM EDT
cck: I have no advice but to be sure all moving/friction surfaces are lubricated.

I would like to know how you perceived the recoil of the P9, and also do the grooves in the polymer grip "bite" into your hand?

Finally I see you are in AZ, I shoot frequently at Ben Avery range and it is always good to see other folks with similiar weapons, do you shoot there?
Link Posted: 3/8/2002 5:48:36 AM EDT
hey thanks for replying guys and sorry it took me so long to answer.
Beachboy, they were factory mags with PMC ammo. But I just went to the range yesterday(Ben Avery) and it seemed to fire fine and the mag and slide problem was gone. I don't know why maybe just breaking in as the first time out was with 100 rounds and this time was with about 150.
As far as the recoil it was more than my beretta 92fs that's for sure. But not uncontrolable. And I didn't have any bite from the grip but my hands did get a little sore after firing 150 rounds.
Reload, send me an email next time you plan on going out to ben avery, that's probably my favorite range. in the phoenix area.
thanks again guys,
-CK
Link Posted: 3/8/2002 7:23:19 AM EDT
cck -

Glad to hear the P9 is perkin' like it's supposed to. I was at the range on Thursday also and put about 200 rounds through my K9, mostly CorBon 124 gr +P, the remainder 115 +P and I tried to get it to jam and was unsuccessful. I tried limp wristing it, shooting it upside down, turned to either side and weak handed. Just wouldn't jam for me. Hope your P9 turns out to be as reliable.
Now, let's see you back here posting some more.
Link Posted: 3/10/2002 3:16:56 PM EDT

CCK, your can reach me at

reload4me2@yahoo.com

Went to the range two days ago and today, put 100 rounds through both my MK9 and my K40

Happy, happy, joy, joy!
Link Posted: 3/11/2002 4:14:51 AM EDT

Originally Posted By reload4me2:

CCK, your can reach me at

reload4me2@yahoo.com

Went to the range two days ago and today, put 100 rounds through both my MK9 and my K40

Happy, happy, joy, joy!

Did you end up blue locktiteing the grip screws?
Page Handguns » Kahr
Top Top