Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Posted: 1/17/2006 8:31:27 PM EDT
simple question; how? i can't find any instructions anywhere. also can the 18 round mags be used without the jet funnel?
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 3:56:55 PM EDT
[#1]
anyone know?
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 4:31:35 PM EDT
[#2]
JET FUNNEL INSTALLATION
on the HK 9mm and .40 USP-full size only

Remove magazine and clear the chamber.  Check it again to make damned sure nothing is in the chamber.

Pull the trigger to drop the hammer all the way down.  Do NOT use the decock because you want all spring tension off the hammer spring.

Using a small punch, no hammer needed, while pressing up on the lanyard loop push the lanyard loop pin out, either direction.

Remove lanyard loop.

Install Jet Funnel lanyard loop paying attention to get the hammer spring in the little recess on top of the lanyard loop.

Do not use the pin that comes with the JF lanyard loop, use the normal lanyard loop pin because it is just as secure as the JF pin but much easier to put in and take out.

Push up on the lanyard loop and push in the lanyard loop pin.

Attach Jet Funnel to the lanyard loop.

Now you can use those 18 (9mm) and 16 (.40 S&W) round white mags without them looking funny sticking out the bottom of the grip.
Remember, you cannot use any other mag except the extended capacity white mags when the JF is installed because those mags are about ½ inch longer in the body than standard 10 round and full cap mags.  Normal mags will not lock in when the JF is on the pistol.

Link Posted: 1/18/2006 5:12:06 PM EDT
[#3]
thanks, i have one inroute from cdnn with five 18 round mags, but couldn't find any instalation info.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 7:34:31 PM EDT
[#4]
                         WARNING: WEAR EYE PROTECTION

lanyard exits frame at very high speed. i won my darwin award when it struck me between the eyes. it broke the skin and left a whelp. hold lanyard down with your thumb while pushing the pin through.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 3:00:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Did you make sure the hammer was all the way down and used the trigger to drop it all the way and not the decocker, or only dropped the hammer to the decock position?  If you did not use the trigger to drop the hammer, like I mentioned in the directions, then you left the hammer spring under compression hence the wallop between the eyes.  If you  used the trigger to drop the hammer all the way down and not just to the decock position then the hammer spring would be relaxed and does not have enough compression to launch the lanyard loop.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 3:41:52 PM EDT
[#6]
oh i pulled the trigger. there was still some ommf left in the spring. thanks for your help though i installed the jet funnel this after noon without a problem in less than 2 minutes. the other night was just a dry-run. the problem from before was that i didn't push the lanyard loop down with my thumb while pushing the pin out.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 6:16:59 AM EDT
[#7]
Hey I looked at CDNN where did you find the white LEO mags? I need some in .40 S&W...
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 10:34:38 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 2:12:14 PM EDT
[#9]
Try Mark McWillis at TROS or Robert Johnson at RTG.
Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top