Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 1/2/2005 3:29:44 PM EDT
I have a round jammed in the chamber and I can't slide the chamber open to remove the round. Is there anyway to safley remove the round or dissasemble the pistol to remove the round?

Thanks for any help.

btw...I have a XD40
Link Posted: 1/2/2005 3:59:52 PM EDT
I would fire the round first, or have you already done that? It will be a lot easier to work with that way.
Link Posted: 1/2/2005 4:07:33 PM EDT
have you fired the weapon (pulled the trigger)? Squib? The Case dimensions may be off, happend to me before. Do not take a part the XD with a live round in the chamber. Best to keep pulling on the slide to eject the round (make sure pointed down range). If that doesn't work try some lubricant sprayed on/into the breach to loosen it up.
Link Posted: 1/2/2005 5:28:45 PM EDT
I did try to fire the pistol at the range and the round did not go off. I beleive the round may be a dud (not sure). I can not pull the slide back more than a couple of mm. It seems as if the round is jammed against something. Looks like im taking a trip to the gunsmith.
Link Posted: 1/2/2005 5:32:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/2/2005 8:21:12 PM EDT by Lumpy196]
Link Posted: 1/2/2005 8:17:06 PM EDT
Seems like a lot of people have problems with .40 ammo being out of spec.

Why is that?
Link Posted: 1/3/2005 8:13:45 AM EDT
just outta curiousity...are you completly disengaging the grip safety as yer trying to pull the slide back??
Link Posted: 1/3/2005 2:13:40 PM EDT

Originally Posted By SMPrider112:
just outta curiousity...are you completly disengaging the grip safety as yer trying to pull the slide back??

yes.

holy crap!! While I was about to hit reply on this thread, and as I was very P.O.ed about my jamming problem, I started jerking the slide back with bruit force and the slide retrackted far enough to engage the slide stop lever.

Looks like the Wolf casing is not to spec. It is about .5mm to big and caused the jamming. I guess thats what I get for buying cheap ammo.

Thanks for all the help guys!!!
Link Posted: 1/3/2005 6:12:41 PM EDT
How do you like the gun? I am about to buy a 4'' 40 off a buddy of mine I think.

Can't decide if I want a .40 or a 9mm now.
Link Posted: 1/3/2005 6:16:35 PM EDT
I've never tried wolf in the wife's XD40. We've shot miwall reloads exclusively and out of 1200 or so through it so far only a couple wouldnt chamber. Cost was $89/K and all are brass case, the oversized ones extract easily, they just dont chamber fully.
Link Posted: 1/3/2005 7:31:30 PM EDT
May have to do with .40 and Wolf. I saw the same type of thing at a tactical class with a HK UPS in 40 jamming on a WOlf Case. The case split in that particular incident.
Link Posted: 1/3/2005 7:47:47 PM EDT
I havn't shot Wolf in my XD. I have the 9mm so there's no reason to when WWB is so cheap.
Link Posted: 1/4/2005 3:18:14 AM EDT

Originally Posted By SickMAK90:
How do you like the gun? I am about to buy a 4'' 40 off a buddy of mine I think.

I love my XD40. I have the 5" tactical and it fits my hands perfectly. Stay away from the Wolf ammo. Out of 400 rounds I have had 2 duds and now this issue. All my problems have been from the ammo and not the pistol.
Link Posted: 1/4/2005 10:54:12 AM EDT

Originally Posted By noobshooter:

Originally Posted By SMPrider112:

yes.

holy crap!! While I was about to hit reply on this thread, and as I was very P.O.ed about my jamming problem, I started jerking the slide back with bruit force and the slide retrackted far enough to engage the slide stop lever.

Looks like the Wolf casing is not to spec. It is about .5mm to big and caused the jamming. I guess thats what I get for buying cheap ammo.

Thanks for all the help guys!!!

freinds dont let freinds buy Wolf ammo. its hit and miss pardon the pun. sometimes it runs great and then it might be a boat load of trouble.
Link Posted: 1/4/2005 10:56:36 AM EDT

I love my .40!! just feed it good ammo and you will love it. Wolf ammo can be junk in any calibre, its just not dependable ammo. some of it is good and some is junk you just never know. there is a reason its so cheap. you get what you pay for
FREINDS DONT LET FREINDS BUY OR SHOOT WOLF AMMMO
Link Posted: 1/4/2005 2:12:54 PM EDT

Originally Posted By kgpcr4:

I love my .40!! just feed it good ammo and you will love it. Wolf ammo can be junk in any calibre, its just not dependable ammo. some of it is good and some is junk you just never know. there is a reason its so cheap. you get what you pay for
FREINDS DONT LET FREINDS BUY OR SHOOT WOLF AMMMO

I know you get what you pay for, but I didn't expect crap in a box.

I will never make that mistake again.
Link Posted: 1/4/2005 7:53:39 PM EDT
I have shot thousands upon thousands of rounds of wolf 7.62x39 and about 200 rounds of wolf in .223.

Never one dud, FTF, FTE...nothing.

I'd say me and my buddies have shot 3-4k rounds of wolf 7.62x39 in the last year. It isn't that bad. Not in 7.62x39 anyways.

How is the recoil on the SC 40 cal?
Link Posted: 1/5/2005 8:01:34 AM EDT
My daughter and I broke in my XD40 New Year's Eve day.

It's a high cap with 12 rd mags.

The first mag I had one rd not go into the chamber all the way.

We ran another 250 - 300 rds through it without one single issue.

Anyone else notice that the hicap mags have extremely strong springs?

Very difficult to load without a loader!
Link Posted: 1/6/2005 5:51:52 AM EDT

Originally Posted By COZ_45:
My daughter and I broke in my XD40 New Year's Eve day.

It's a high cap with 12 rd mags.

The first mag I had one rd not go into the chamber all the way.

We ran another 250 - 300 rds through it without one single issue.

Anyone else notice that the hicap mags have extremely strong springs?

Very difficult to load without a loader!

Leave 10 or 11 rounds in the mags for about a couple of days and the springs will soften up a bit. I had the same tight springs when I first got my XD.
Link Posted: 1/6/2005 5:59:41 AM EDT
Just a quick word on Wolf ammo: My close friend has a gunsmithing shop. Between him, his apprentice gunsmith, and me, we work on around 500 guns a year (just a conservative guess). The most common problem encountered is stuck cases, and they are Wolf about 95% of the time. I know Wolf is cheap, and many people shoot it without problems. However, I've seen many guns (espcially handguns) that come in after shooting a mag full in a brand new gun, and have a stuck round or spent case.

Wolf is coated with laquer. Each time a round goes off, it leaves some of this in the chamber. It turns into glue, and makes for a tight chamber. I just thought I would throw that out there, for whatever it's worth.
Link Posted: 1/6/2005 8:39:00 PM EDT

Originally Posted By hobbs5624:
Wolf is coated with laquer. Each time a round goes off, it leaves some of this in the chamber. It turns into glue, and makes for a tight chamber. I just thought I would throw that out there, for whatever it's worth.

not new poly coat wolf...people seem to lump all crappy russian ammo into one catagory and call it wolf....have you seen any problems with the new stuff??
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 9:02:32 PM EDT

I have shot thousands upon thousands of rounds of wolf 7.62x39 and about 200 rounds of wolf in .223.

Never one dud, FTF, FTE...nothing.

I'd say me and my buddies have shot 3-4k rounds of wolf 7.62x39 in the last year. It isn't that bad. Not in 7.62x39 anyways.

How is the recoil on the SC 40 cal?

Someone once posted that wolf, the rifle round and wolf, the pistol round are differant.

Top Top