Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/1/2005 7:37:30 AM EDT
I shot that little gem last week now It's all I can think about. For being so small it was pretty accurate.

I was thinking of getting one, but my only problem is the cost of ammo with it. I'm debating between that or a smaller glock in 9mm. Maybe a G19 or a G 26?

Obviously I would like to have the 36 for the .45acp, but the 19 or 26 won't eat a hole in my wallet for practice.

Anybody understand my predicament??
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 1:14:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Yup, and as a result of my thinking and planning I standardized all pistols on .22 and 9mm. I can shoot the 9mm very well, couple that with good ammo like some gold dots and you have a great package. Currently for 9mm guns I have a HK P7M8 and a Glock 26. I chose the 26 for all the same reasons you are talking about.
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 1:29:42 PM EDT
[#2]
I really like my G36, but because it is not really any smaller than my G23 I can't justify the drastic decrease in mag capacity.  

I wouldn't try to talk anyone out a G36 though it's a fun gun and I don't see a huge difference in price.
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 2:33:25 AM EDT
[#3]
The G36 is a good CCW handgun but, if the price of practice ammo is too much for you and you don't have a problem with the 9mm... I'd say why not go with the G26/19?

BTW, I'm sure AA will have a .22LR conversion unit for the G36 on the market in a year or two. No official word from them though.
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 11:26:26 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the help guys, I'll start looking for a nice Glock 9mm
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 7:08:27 PM EDT
[#5]
I had been looking at the G-36 as well...  My normal Carry gun is a Glock 21 and it is just way too heavy and bulky to carry easily...  Tonight I put on the shoulder rig (Cheap Unkle Mike's Sidekick) and with the 13-rd mag and having this on for about 6-hours I have decided I need a smaller weapon.

Link Posted: 10/12/2005 8:10:48 AM EDT
[#6]
I am still looking and I am curious if the Glock 26 or Glock 27 is smaller and more conceilable then the glock 36?  I am not replacing the Glock 21 but I am looking for a smaller weapon for cary in the summer or at times when it is tough to hide the G-21.

I may also move to a Walther PPKs or similar small auto or even another snub nose revolver (My wife has a Taurus M85 and it is a great little gun)...

Trying to decide so I can watch the used guns now that we are getting closer to holiday season as someone is sure to be selling some stuff in the next few months.
Link Posted: 10/12/2005 10:33:16 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I am still looking and I am curious if the Glock 26 or Glock 27 is smaller and more conceilable then the glock 36?

The Glock 36 has about the same grip length and barrel length as a G23, but it has a slightly thinner slide and a much thinner grip.  The actual grip on the G36 is the same length as a G27, but once you put the mag in it is as long as a G23.  

The G27 is smaller, but either one is very concealable.  

You can almost carry the G27 in a pocket holster, the G36 won't even think about that.
Link Posted: 10/13/2005 9:35:52 AM EDT
[#8]
I had a G26 and G36 (which I sold) and have a G30 (which I kept and carry).

The G26 was fun and the size was great, but I really like .45 ACP.  So the G26 went.

The slight reduction in size and the reduced number of rounds in the G36 just didn't do it for me.  

Love the G30!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top