Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/6/2003 11:38:05 AM EDT
What are the advantages of eiach type of material used in a holster?  Which one is more comfortable than the other and why the slight price difference between horsehair and cowshide?
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 11:46:51 AM EDT
[#1]
horsehide tough as nails and long wearing med cost
cowhide tough and more supple than horse most comfortable  lowest cost
sharkskin  toughest of all but hard on clothing high cost
take a look at the bladetech plastic holsters.  once i got one i had to have one for each of my guns.  i find them to be the most comfortable and best fit.

the slight price difference between horsehair and cowhide?  demand vs supply.  or your holster is made from "my friend flica".  i like horses.  they taist just like chicken.
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 11:03:11 PM EDT
[#2]
 The most important thing to remember is that a sharkskin holster on your hip means one less shark that may be knocking on your door with a "candygram".
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 11:10:21 PM EDT
[#3]
I use a lot of horsehide holsters from Kramer and Sparks.  They are much denser than cowhide and hold their shape better.  For example, my Kramer Belt Holsters have never colapsed and they have no reinforcement around the mouth.  Ive had that happen with cowhide holsters.  It also means if they are crushed they spring back into shape easier.  As if thats not enough, a horsehide holster can actually be thinner than cowhide and be stiffer.  Next to kydex, its my prefered holster material.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top