Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Page Handguns » H&K
Site Notices
9/19/2017 7:27:10 PM
Posted: 6/10/2003 9:41:54 AM EDT
am looking to holster a fullsize .40. outside..on a belt. any suggestions? don't have a whole lot of experience with makes, models, or materials or the cant/uncanted idea. i'll likely be using it for a practical pistol leauge. and am also thinking for short day hikes in wooded/forested areas. for that reason, maybe an all weather material?

any thoughts?
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 10:48:20 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/10/2003 11:08:32 AM EDT by Dredd308]
I have a Slide Guard from Highnoon holsters for my USP45c.
I really like it.Slide Guard

Cowhide is $60
Horsehide is $85

When I ordered mine, it only took like two weeks to get. Easy people to deal with.

I use it for daliy carry. And for IDPA.

Also, Fobus are dirt cheap, and very good holsters.
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 11:03:30 AM EDT
Blade Tech with a Techlok belt fastener.

Blade-Tech
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 11:07:39 AM EDT
One other thing. Make sure you get a good belt!
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 11:10:46 PM EDT
Go with Fobus. Avoid leather as they take forever to dry out when they get wet.

Fobus makes both paddle & belt models.
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 8:31:14 AM EDT
i like the look and old school feel of the leather, but i can see the wet/dry aspect. how are these holsters for retention? i didnt see any type of strapping. could they retain during a tumple or awkward uphill climbing, stretching motions? what abotu a tumble?
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 9:17:04 AM EDT
Are they as secure as a thumbstrap? Probably not. But the Blade-Tech I mentioned has been through numerous training exercises with me and my pistol has NEVER fallen out. There are screws which can vary the tightness of the holster.

Last week I went through an AR obstacle course with my USP40f in the bladetech holster. THis included low crawl (elbows/prone), stairs, jumps and a firepole. Never came close to losing the pistol.
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 3:34:11 PM EDT
Try Kramer, they make some the finest holsters in the world. www.kramerleather.com
Get horsehide, it's far superior to cow leather. I would urge you to consider an inside the waistband, kramer's IWB#2 to be precise. IWB's in general are superior in weapons retention. If your set on outside, check out Kramer's belt scabbard. Good luck!
Link Posted: 6/14/2003 9:08:45 PM EDT
I use a 3-slot pancake for my full-size USP 40. It is very comfortable and has good tight retention. I also like and use the Unle Mike's kydex holsters for my HK, Beretta and Glock. They have a retention screw, and are very solid. Just my two cents.
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 10:39:27 AM EDT
http://www.concealco.com/
Page Handguns » H&K
Top Top