Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 8/14/2005 2:09:23 PM EDT
I need to purchase a new set of sights for my G22 and see that glockmeister will install them for free, is their work reputable?

also I have to decide between meprolight and trijicon night sights what have your experiences with either been? which is better?

thanks
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 2:16:20 PM EDT
my old roommate had some meprolites put on his, mr glockmeister installed them right away after he bought them. you really have to try to screw up installing glock sights when you have the correct tools.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 3:37:21 PM EDT

Originally Posted By AlanC556:
I need to purchase a new set of sights for my G22 and see that glockmeister will install them for free, is their work reputable?

also I have to decide between meprolight and trijicon night sights what have your experiences with either been? which is better?

thanks

Yes I have on two Glocks. Glockmeister is very fast and at a good price. Mepros and Trijicons are both really good. It boils down to how you like the dots to look. On Trijicons the tritium dots seem to be in focus and have smaller white tubes around the glowing dots. On Mepros the dots are out of focus but have a larger amount of white around the glowing dots. The Mepros are probably better for daytime than Trijicons but either are a good choice.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 4:27:38 PM EDT
+1. Good easy instalation on two of my Glocks.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 4:59:06 PM EDT
They are more than competent. There are few, if any people with more Glock experience than Mr. Paz.

As far as sights go, I personally like Trijicon, but the Mepros have larger dots. I'm wary of Mepros from seeing quite a few go bad right away on PD guns about ten years ago. I hear they no longer have quality control issues, but since Trijicon has always been good, I see no need to try Mepro, and I never will. However, many very knowledgable Glock people prefer Mepros, and for me, it's just a personal bias thing. Mepros are cheaper. Look at both, and more than likely you will like the Mepros better.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 5:18:40 PM EDT
What about XS big dots????
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 6:18:20 PM EDT
I prefer the Meps.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 6:33:32 PM EDT
I've had them install Trijicon sights on two GLOCKs. A Model 20 and a 33. I just packed up the slides and mailed them, they came back a few weeks later. Both shoot fine.

I wouldn't hesitate to do it again, but I don't plan on it, my next GLOCK will have factory night sights I hope.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 8:36:59 PM EDT
I have had Glockmeister install five sets of Meprolight night sights (my favorite) on my Glocks as well as a set of Dawson Precision adjustable fiber optic sights on my G34. He's a great guy with great service!
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 8:41:38 PM EDT
I have the Glockmeister sight tool- but never needed it because he has always placed my sights on right.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 4:59:31 PM EDT
Yes, Trijicons on three Glocks. Good service and no problems.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 6:40:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/15/2005 6:41:27 PM EDT by Carbine10]

Ben put my Mepro sites, on my G19 about five years ago. Not a single problem with them. I highly suggest buying from Ben/Glockmeister. I always drop by Ben's booth, at the gun shows here in Phoenix. Just to give him some shit.
Top Top