Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/19/2017 7:27:10 PM
Posted: 2/10/2006 6:17:37 PM EDT
k, i have the money to buy this HK USP 9mm fullsize right now. after shipping and FFL fees it'll be around $540. gun is like new with 500 rounds through it. i have some buyers for my AR upper, which is funding this buy for $440. so i'll have to put down 100 bucks to get the HK.

my other option...

somebody wants to trade my AR upper straight across for a like new Beretta 92 9mm with about 900 rounds through it. he also wants to pay me an extra 100 dollars for the scope, rings and bipod that were on my rifle. with this deal, i will come out 100 dollars on top, which will pay for FFL fees, a holster and some other accessories.

help me! what should i do. i want to make sure 100% that i'm gettin the right gun for my first handgun.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 6:19:19 PM EDT
I would not compromise, and stick with the HK. You will thank me later (not to say that the beretta isnt a good gun - it certainly isnt a USP though).
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 6:19:32 PM EDT
You might consider a more compact pistol such as the GLOCK 19 or USP compact. If you only have one handgun, it should be one you can easily carry concealed.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 6:19:40 PM EDT
Flip a coin and never look back. The HK is nicer (at least most people think so), but mags cost $50 each. I like the Beretta, but that's just me.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 6:24:14 PM EDT

Originally Posted By lu380:
Flip a coin and never look back. The HK is nicer (at least most people think so), but mags cost $50 each. I like the Beretta, but that's just me.

About $37 actually. Still expensive, but not as much as some would think. And thats not even the cheapest price I could find.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 6:50:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/10/2006 6:57:09 PM EDT by Graziani]
In the world of compromise, some don't...

Get the USP and never look back.

Also, LEO mags available at $29 at http://www.jtsguns.com/shop/flp.htm
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 6:59:37 PM EDT
If you have to ask maybe you should go with the Berretta. Seriously it all depends on thoughts. The USP will most likely be worth more later on down the line and it is a nicer pistol. You're saving alot of money just getting the 9mm version plus ammo will be UBER cheap which can offset the cost of the mags. And if you look around you can find mags for the USP cheaper then $30+. I got 3 mags for my USP .45 for 30 bucks total.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 8:41:31 PM EDT
USP the only option.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 10:40:23 PM EDT
Dude 540 for a 9mm HK....

NUTS...

I would absolutely JUMP on that..

I'm on a 9mm collection spree.... I love the cartridge and I like a good represenative of every manufacturer...
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 3:07:26 AM EDT
I'm selling my USP...

I think my first choice would be an overwhelming "Neither."
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 3:41:42 AM EDT
I have a Beretta 92, Glock 17, Ruger 93, and a HK USP.

Glock is the one I love the most followed closely by the HK. I love my beretta too. The ruger just sucks.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 7:47:40 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/11/2006 7:50:44 AM EDT by Dsking85]

Originally Posted By vanilla_gorilla:
I'm selling my USP...

can i ask u why u don't like it? i've only heard good things. I don't like Glocks, and i don't like XDs, so those weren't even considered.

well guys, i went ahead and sprung for the HK. i went to a local gunshop to handle them both. LOVED the HK. super solid construction, and i've shot one before and loved it. i was gonna rent the beretta and take a few shots out of it, but we didn't even get that far. the grip is WAYYY too small for me. my pinky was hanging off the bottom, and it was completely uncomfortable, and i doubt i'd be able to use it in competitions. should have the HK in a week it comes with 2 10 round mags and a 15 round. i doubt i'll need any more than that. oddly, i enjoy stopping and reloading my mags. saves me ammo. believe it or not, i only have 1 30 round mag for my ARs. maybe i'm just weird, haha.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 8:14:14 AM EDT
Sig.... Ok sorry it slipped out. I would definately go with the Beretta. Have you not seen Lethal Weapon? If you ignore all of the flinching and blinking of Mel its not all bad.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 9:22:48 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Studebaker:
Sig.... Ok sorry it slipped out. I would definately go with the Beretta. Have you not seen Lethal Weapon? If you ignore all of the flinching and blinking of Mel its not all bad.

the only thing that made me want the beretta was the price aspect. i figured if that's the only thing making me want it over the USP, i should just spring for the USP and not have to worry if i'll regret passing it up later. it's only 100 dollars more, and that's a small price to pay for a high quality handgun. plus i physically cannot own a beretta. like i said, it was really uncomfortable to even hold. probably even more uncomfortable to shoot.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 10:57:30 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Dsking85:

I'm selling my USP...

can i ask u why u don't like it? i've only heard good things. I don't like Glocks, and i don't like XDs, so those weren't even considered.

well guys, i went ahead and sprung for the HK. i went to a local gunshop to handle them both. LOVED the HK. super solid construction, and i've shot one before and loved it. i was gonna rent the beretta and take a few shots out of it, but we didn't even get that far. the grip is WAYYY too small for me. my pinky was hanging off the bottom, and it was completely uncomfortable, and i doubt i'd be able to use it in competitions. should have the HK in a week it comes with 2 10 round mags and a 15 round. i doubt i'll need any more than that. oddly, i enjoy stopping and reloading my mags. saves me ammo. believe it or not, i only have 1 30 round mag for my ARs. maybe i'm just weird, haha.

Very wise decision.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 12:42:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/11/2006 12:46:24 PM EDT by phrkshw]
Glad to hear you went with the HK - what are you planning on using it for? Home defense? Just competition/range use? CCW?

I think youll find that HK builds one of the best handguns in the world.

i would look at SIG too, for future purchases

Congrats on the buy - post up a range report when you take her out and let us know how you like it.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 2:09:42 PM EDT

believe it or not, i only have 1 30 round mag for my ARs. maybe i'm just weird, haha.

ban the heretic, ban him I say.....
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 3:27:46 PM EDT

I'm selling my USP...

It's probably my own fault. I bought a V1 thinking it would be a good "cocked and locked" carry gun, something of a polymer, hi-cap 1911 if you will. I was more disappointed than I can say. I don't like the trigger, I don't like the safety, and the more I shot it, the less it felt like I was getting used to it, instead of the other way around. The dislike is purely subjective, but I don't plan to get another.

Link Posted: 2/11/2006 6:44:38 PM EDT
Congratulations on a good choice. I see that you did not compromise in a world of compromise

Doh, USP45F is a thickened block of plastic and metal that is not best suited for IWB carry...especially in Florida. I won't stick this IWB.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 6:26:02 PM EDT
I would look at 1911's, but thats just me.

Scout
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 7:51:47 PM EDT

Originally Posted By phrkshw:
Glad to hear you went with the HK - what are you planning on using it for? Home defense? Just competition/range use? CCW?

I think youll find that HK builds one of the best handguns in the world.

i would look at SIG too, for future purchases

Congrats on the buy - post up a range report when you take her out and let us know how you like it.

mainly for range/competition use, but would not hesitate to use it for home defense if i have to. don't have my CCW yet, may get it in the future. i'm actually considering the Sig p226 also.
Top Top