Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/11/2005 5:18:54 PM EDT
while at the range yesterday, after about 60 rounds or so, the hammer refused to fall, the trigger would not budge either, i racked the slide, chambered another round, same thing. I dropped the mag, racked the slide, and the tried it again on an empty chamber, it worked, put mag back in, racked slide, no more failures, first time this has happened. I've had some problems with the play in the Wilson grip saftey, if it drifts to the left, it feels like it gets hung up, and will not engage until it feels like it slips back in place then it will engage. This is an aftermarket grip saftey, installed by a gunsmith on a Rock Island, this is the only failure of any kind i've had in over 2000 rounds. Not sure if the grip saftey is causing this, the saftey only drifts and feels like it gets hung up when the hammer is cocked. it doesn't do it when it isn't. ???????
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 5:52:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Sounds as if the grip safety is not fit right and is not releasing the trigger. I'd take it back to the smith who did the work and tell him to fit it properly, because he didn't the first time.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 2:21:40 PM EDT
[#2]
found out the problem, i had replaced the stock hammer strut with a Chip McCormick strut, and it is slightly wider than the stock strut. It caused the grip saftey to catch on it. switched it out, Problem solved.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top