Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/14/2003 10:55:22 AM EDT
anyone tried one? looks like a good 1911
Link Posted: 8/16/2003 8:47:15 AM EDT
[#1]
A South African 1911 copy, never having had one myself, at least they accept 1911 parts, if needed.
I found two on Gunsamerica.com, none on Gunbroker.com.
I can't say how "good" they are but at under $500 retail, the little "red flag" in the back of my head pops up.
Link Posted: 8/20/2003 4:57:41 PM EDT
[#2]
bought a GRIFFON----has all the toys. carried it to the range for the last 3 days and shot it with all kinds of ammo(500 rds.)
 NEVER MISSED A LICK
Link Posted: 8/21/2003 3:07:36 AM EDT
[#3]
That's good to know, it works as advertised, out of the box.
Labor, parts and assembly may be cheaper in S. Africa and it was to your benefit.
Sounds like you are more than happy with it. I'm just a bit "gunshy" when it comes to relatively unknown makes.
Link Posted: 8/21/2003 4:36:39 AM EDT
[#4]
kenneth64

When you strip it down, hows the fit and finish? Tool marks, lack of tooling marks. What's your overall impression of the parts themselves?

Like Anothergene I'm a little shy of the unknown also.
Link Posted: 8/23/2003 11:14:48 AM EDT
[#5]
do not care about fit and finish as long as it works!
fired it more now and its still has not missed a lick and shoots as well as any i have ever shot
Link Posted: 8/23/2003 4:13:47 PM EDT
[#6]
thanks for the update.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top