Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 9/12/2010 4:38:56 PM EDT
came in from work last spring, wife says some detective from the P.D. is looking for me, something about a gun. i gave the gentleman a call, and he asked,''did you buy a browning HP from so-and-so gun shop in 1992?''. ''i sure did officer, but, i sold it to tommy jones in 1995, any problem with the firearm''?––come to find out, they had found an adanboned car with 4 guns inside, and they traced the HP to me. i explained i was not the rightful owner anymore, one of my friends was. he said they could only release it to me, if i wanted it come get it, or it would be destroyed. needless to say i picked it up the next morning. the gun was a MINT HP practical,,, showcase class condition,,,i finally ran my buddy down, [ he had moved several times over the years ] and casually asked him if he still had the HP. ''no, he had gotten married several years back and his wife hated guns'', so he sold it to somebody. just remembered a guy that has since moved to texas''.. i said well guess what,, the PD found it and gave it to me. he was really tickled i had it, and told me to keep it and enjoy it. the happy ending for me is i tryed to do the right thing, as i was going to give it back to him if stolen, and now,,, i'm as happy as he would have been.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 4:46:25 PM EDT
Must be a sign that it came back home to you....don't ever sell it again...!

Got any pics????
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 4:52:57 PM EDT
It would be interesting to hear the back story on how a mint HP and 3 other guns were left abandoned in a car....

Did the police give you any details?
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 5:21:29 PM EDT
That is an awesome story. I love it when something works out for a good guy trying to do the right thing. I think the moral of the story is that gun should be yours and should never be sold again.

You know the rules, post the pics!!!
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 5:25:28 PM EDT
i ''lost an uzi model a '' in a similar way but i haven't had a happy ending yet!!! glad you got it back
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 5:48:22 PM EDT
I would try to track the guy down, he probably reported it stolen and didn't have the s/n. Or the guy he sold it to had it stolen and didn't have the s/n.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 6:18:47 PM EDT
i do not know the backstory on the abandoded car, and, no, i'm not gonna ever sell it again. matter of fact, i sent it to bill springfield and had a trigger job done on the pistol, and put some of dillon precision's cocobolo grips instead of the factory pachmyrs it is a beautiful gun, and beleive it or not,, i was just thinking of getting another hi-power when this showed up.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 6:25:02 PM EDT
Originally Posted By urbanredneck:
I would try to track the guy down, he probably reported it stolen and didn't have the s/n. Or the guy he sold it to had it stolen and didn't have the s/n.

i did finally track my friend down, and the guy he sold it to got a divorce, and moved to texas. according to friend, the other guy had developed drinking problems, and he said that dude did not need a gun, that he probably sold it for booze, or whatever. his take [friends] was that the gun was where it needed to be.he was like some of yall, he said never sell it now, which i won't.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 6:35:05 PM EDT
I had a GLOCK 20 stolen years ago. I later got a phone call from someone at the County Courthouse that my gun has been recovered, and that I could pick it up at the local PD. I called local PD and everyone there played dumb. After making some phone calls to friends in high places, people suddenly were more forthcoming, and my G20 was promptly returned.
Top Top