Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/5/2012 4:44:08 AM EDT
installed the guide rod now when you look at the business end there is a "silver" circle staring at you...anyone got a solution that wont burn off from muzzle flash
thanks in advance
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 8:10:50 AM EDT
[#1]
Put the stock plastic one back in.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 8:32:56 AM EDT
[#2]
This!.  Don't try and fix what is not broken.  If it needed an titanium guide rod to function, it would come with one.   I don't know of any issues with the stock guide rod.  Plus if something happens to it, you get a new one free.

Quoted:
Put the stock plastic one back in.

Link Posted: 1/5/2012 8:50:40 AM EDT
[#3]
I think I'm the only guy ever, who has had the stock plastic guide rod break on him.

(It broke as I pulled it from the slide, not during firing.  Yes I did it correctly, Yes I have the armorer's manual.).

I replaced it with a titanium one and its run flawlessly ever since.  I must have 2000 rounds on the Ti rod now and not a hiccup.

I totally agree with the "don't fix what ain't broke" mentality, but my experience with the Ti rod has been superb.

Link Posted: 1/5/2012 9:06:30 AM EDT
[#4]
Common engine spray paint?
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 12:53:20 PM EDT
[#5]
I don't use titanium guide rods, but do use steel guide rods.  I have had a guide rod break in a G30.  Went to the Wolff steel guide rods and that fixed that.  I also use steel guide rods in my full-sized Glocks, primarily for the ease of changing recoil springs when I'm changing calibers or loads.  

Glock's engineers don't have the same priorities in designing for mass production that I do as an informed consumer.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 9:42:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Common engine spray paint?

I would try this. If it was steel I'd maybe try to cold blue the end, but I don't think that would work with titainium.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 1:06:46 PM EDT
[#7]
Wear would one find a titanium guide rod?
Thanks.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 1:17:13 PM EDT
[#8]
I understand stock.
I understand steel.
I understand tungsten.

I don't understand titanium.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 3:28:50 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I understand stock.
I understand steel.
I understand tungsten.

I don't understand titanium.

Ditto!  Why in the world would you want a titanium guide rod?

Next time buy a Jager rod, they come hard coated in black, problem solved.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 8:08:09 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Wear would one find a titanium guide rod?

Thanks.

http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/pid=270/Product/GUIDE-ROD-for-GLOCK-reg-

Link Posted: 1/7/2012 10:11:13 AM EDT
[#11]
DLC coat it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top