Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 5/11/2004 9:22:23 AM EST
I just picked up a 15 round Glock mag for a model 19. I also have three of the Klinton 10 rounders for it. I noticed when loading the pre-ban model that the feed lips are not parallel like the 10 round jobs are. They are splayed out a fair bit, maybe 1/16" from front to back? This is a type 1, or non-drop mag, if that matters. Should they be seperated like that? The magazine is in excellent shape otherwise. Thanks.
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 12:56:03 PM EST
The original Glock magazines were designed to stay in the gun if the magazine release was pressed and there were bullets still in the magazine. They did this by making the magazines without the metal lining running all the way to the base of the magazine. These are Non-Fully Metal Lined (NFML) magazines also known as Non-Drop Free (NDF) magazines. In current magazines the metal lining extends the whole way down the magazine tube. These will drop out of the gun even when full of bullets. They are called Fully Metal Lined (FML) or Drop Free (DF) magazines.

Glock NDF-NFML magazines were designed to swell slightly when fully loaded -- thus preventing a fully-loaded magazine rom exiting the pistol if it were improperly seated or the mag catch accidentally engaged. The original G17 would drop a mag freely only after it contained 10 rounds or less. An empty mag did not always drop free without a little help by shaking the pistol.
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 2:52:06 PM EST
To tell if it's NDF (1st Gen) or DF, look at the notch at the rear or the mag. If it's a semi circle then it's a NDF 1st Gen mag. If it's a square notch, then it's a DF mag. The feedlips of a 15 round mag are not as strait as the 10 rounder because the 15 rounder is a double stackd mag, while the 10 rounder is a single stacked mag.
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 3:59:30 PM EST
Have you tried using a Glock 23,10round,40S&W mag. in your 9mm? Bet you could get 13-14 rounds of 9mm in one. So long as you don't modify it so it'll not work in the original gun you'll still be legal and you'll save a bunch of money over buying a "pre-ban" hi-cap.
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 4:36:02 AM EST
Thanks for the info folks.
Link Posted: 5/13/2004 1:43:27 AM EST
Link Posted: 5/13/2004 4:56:46 PM EST
You can see what generation of mag you have using the info here. glockmeister.com/3genmags.shtml If you can Ben (the Glockmiester) he can mic the mags and tell you if its normal.
Link Posted: 5/14/2004 10:41:52 AM EST

Originally Posted By Aimless:

Originally Posted By TNFrank:
Have you tried using a Glock 23,10round,40S&W mag. in your 9mm? Bet you could get 13-14 rounds of 9mm in one. So long as you don't modify it so it'll not work in the original gun you'll still be legal and you'll save a bunch of money over buying a "pre-ban" hi-cap.

I tried that. didn't work for me, it would jam with the slide open and then eject about 7 rounds out up through the open slide

I guess it works for some guns and doesn't for others. Too bad, that would have been a cheap way to get a "hi-cap" for a "low-cap" price.
Top Top