Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/18/2009 4:39:38 PM EDT
I got a new glock 21 SF I sent it to robar the second I got it for some custom work. I got it back only to play with it and find out more than half the magazines I have hang up and get stuck in the magwell.

I have seperated the mags which do drop free for use in the SF but I have to say Im a little disapointed. If I want more mags for the SF now I'll have to order a bunch and re-sell or return the ones that dont drop free.

Anyone else have this problem??
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 5:03:28 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm guessing you mean they hang up when you hit the release, they don't fall all the way out?

Did it do this before, or did you have a chance to?

What kind of custom work was done, a grip reduction?

Never heard of this problem with a grip reduction, and Robar of course is a very good, reputable company.

Shine a light up the magwell, look for protrusions or burrs, and check the mags that hang up for "witness marks" that might indicate where they're hanging up at.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 7:16:29 PM EDT
[#2]
I diden't check it before I mailed it in.

I believe its hanging up where the bottom of the mag release spring is.  

some mags drop free, some wont drop at all, some only drop aprox one inch and get stuck on that lip.

I dont want to remove the plastic material there because it appears to bend in slightly from the spring/plate.

some of the work done was a grip reduction and re-texturing.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 8:55:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Could you be a little more specific?  What "lip" are they hanging up on?

And I'm assuming it's a standard release, not ambi, correct?

Do most of your mags have the little "cutout" in the front, where metal shows?  Sounds like it's possible something is hanging up on the top edge of this cutout.  If your release is the standard type, take a sharp knife and get rid of the upper corner in the cutout, if this is where things are hanging up.  Might help.

Or I may be off track.  I do want to help though.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top