Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/18/2006 11:50:08 AM EDT
so im pretty sure im going to purchase a g23. any thoughts on the compensated version verse the standard? also any features i should have done before i bring it home, or just get it home then add to it? Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 8/19/2006 9:10:12 PM EDT
[#1]
The G23 has pretty significant recoil.   More than you'd think.
I had a 21C (45acp) and it recoiled less than my G23 (not C).
The C models are pretty sweet.  I probably should have got a 23C.

If you look through the equipment exchange, there is somebody selling a 23c with multiple hi-cap mags, and holster for a pretty reasonable price.

Link Posted: 8/21/2006 6:08:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Steel or night sights
3.5# connector
** Glock extended slide stop (optional; I prefer the extended instead of the std)
Link Posted: 8/21/2006 7:35:50 PM EDT
[#3]
1.  get the compensated model if a.  you don't care about the flame being a target indicator in low light or darkness, b.  you figure your night vision is gone anyhow when you pull the trigger; and c. you haven't been taught a shooting technique that minimizes recoil.  

Oh yes, I have compensated barrels on some guns - then again I had the barrels compensatied before I understood the drawbacks stated in the first paragraph.

Any further modification is optional.  

2.  I do get the 3.5 pound connector.  My mentor prefers the 5 pound.

3.  I do put on iron sights.  I blew off the factory sites once and I know another guy who did.  The Glocks shoot fine without sights, but people will be commenting on your situation.  Try this experiment and you will understand.  Put electrician's tape over the front and rear sights one time at the range.

4.  I have Robbie Robar do grip reductions.  Don't do it unless you try someone's Glock who has a grip reduction.  If you don't need it, spend the money on spare lifetime parts and factory ammo.

5.  I finally broke down and put on extended mag releases on the older Glocks.  I didn't need to do so.  However, if Glock went to the concept, I figured that there must be a reason.
Link Posted: 8/22/2006 9:02:31 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
1.  get the compensated model if a.  you don't care about the flame being a target indicator in low light or darkness, b.  you figure your night vision is gone anyhow when you pull the trigger; and c. you haven't been taught a shooting technique that minimizes recoil.  

Oh yes, I have compensated barrels on some guns - then again I had the barrels compensatied before I understood the drawbacks stated in the first paragraph.

Any further modification is optional.  

2.  I do get the 3.5 pound connector.  My mentor prefers the 5 pound.

3.  I do put on iron sights.  I blew off the factory sites once and I know another guy who did.  The Glocks shoot fine without sights, but people will be commenting on your situation.  Try this experiment and you will understand.  Put electrician's tape over the front and rear sights one time at the range.

4.  I have Robbie Robar do grip reductions.  Don't do it unless you try someone's Glock who has a grip reduction.  If you don't need it, spend the money on spare lifetime parts and factory ammo.

5.  I finally broke down and put on extended mag releases on the older Glocks.  I didn't need to do so.  However, if Glock went to the concept, I figured that there must be a reason.

Blah,  I bought both barrels.  One for off duty carry and the other for fun and games.  

3.5 pound connector is dangerous.  I have it on my 24C.  I believe it should only be used for target.
Link Posted: 8/22/2006 10:09:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/22/2006 10:48:47 PM EDT
[#6]
FWIW I carry a Glock 23C for EDC and I love it.  Only thing i've done to it was add Novak night sights by Trijicon.  They are the best night sights i've had so far.  I've owned a lot.  Trust me.

-MEI
Link Posted: 8/22/2006 10:51:36 PM EDT
[#7]
I have a G23C, recoil is much less than the PT111 Mil Pro (9mm) That I owned. Theres still a "kick" to the gun but basically no muzzle climb so you can get back on target much quicker.

This is also my daily CCW.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top