Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/4/2004 11:04:52 AM EDT
i carry glock 22 mags in a paddle holster.  pretty loose.  anyone have any experience tightening these up?
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 4:06:44 PM EDT
[#1]
I carry GLOCK 19 mags in them daily with no problems.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 9:45:11 AM EDT
[#2]
i think i'm gonna wedge a chunk of cut up milk carton through the slot.  i'm a little nervous about stuffing anything in there that could stick to the mag during a reload.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 11:46:37 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
i carry glock 22 mags in a paddle holster.  pretty loose.  anyone have any experience tightening these up?

With the Fobus mag carrier, there is a small section that is supposed to protrude into the carrier to apply tension to the mag, thus holding it in place.  I have been using Fobus for a few years now and occasionally carry either Glock model 22 mags or model 19 mags.  The G19 mags seem to fit loose inside the carrier especially after carrying the G22 mags for a while.  To correct this I use a wood Strike Anywhere match to gently heat the small section, after it's good and warmed up I press it in and allow the section to cool and take a set.  The mags are then pushed into the carrier and the retention is increased.

HTH.

Sly
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 11:49:37 AM EDT
[#4]
heating the magazine holders is the best idea. hair dryer or vey hot water will do it.

J
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 12:21:14 PM EDT
[#5]
sweet!  thanks, guys!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top