Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/21/2002 11:03:21 AM EDT
Does anyone make fixed sites for these guns?
Link Posted: 6/24/2002 3:31:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Sorry I took so long responding, k9dpd.  I am counfounded why you would want fixed sights...are those adjustable ones moving or stick up too high? I know of no "fixed" sight for that sweet little .22. However, if you insist, you may try to degrease yours and use loctite (threadlocker) if movement is the issue.
Link Posted: 6/24/2002 7:50:16 PM EDT
[#2]
no movement isnt the issue I just prefer fixed sights, I dont like the blade in the back because it gets snagged and I want fixed sights on it to be the same as I have on my model 66, so I can practice with the same sight picture, I know I am kinda wierd that way, but I prefer fixed sights more durable, I had a pair on my glock once and during a tap rack bang the rear sight went flying off so I had to shoot the rest of the qual course with no rear sight, I was good up until the 25 yard line, then I use my rear sight.
Link Posted: 7/5/2002 6:35:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Thats what got me, usually a "fixed" sight is machined into the frame from birth. Now you got me again, how did you manage fixed sights on a 66? Maybe a model 65? Not going to deny the durability of the fixed sight, but you would have to machine it in and lower the front sight accordingly.  True story...friend just lost rear blade on his Taurus .22 magnum, so I hear ya loud and clear.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top