Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 8/11/2005 2:19:08 AM EDT
Just curious as to my options on a stainless commander. I just bead blasted it grey and it's much better than the reflective surface it used to have. I'd like to use a bake on coating on the pistol. Will the roughed up surface from bead blasting allow the finish to adhere to the stainless? Any reccomended coatings?
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 4:08:45 AM EDT
Glass bead peens, Oxide bead cuts,

Use oxide media to prep for coatings,
Duracoat if you want a flat mat finish, moly resin is you want to bake and have more of shiney/glass like finish (even over the rough oxide sub straight).

P.S. My thoughts are I buy SS pistols since they don't need a coating for protection. Buffing wheel for polished surfaces, glass beaded for that softer sheen (step down from 220 Plus for more of a french grey), or just 120 oxide for the flat mat non-reflective finish. The best part, 2 minutes back in the blast cabnet and there good as new.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 4:58:07 AM EDT
Actually I only bought stainless to help a family member out that needed to move this particular pistol. I prefer my guns be black. Now this one is at least a dark grey, close but still not what I was looking for. How hard is it to remove a baked on coating if I dont like it?
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 5:16:38 AM EDT
It's easy in a blast cabinet to remove.
Top Top