Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/11/2005 2:19:08 AM EDT
Just curious as to my options on a stainless commander.    I just bead blasted it grey and it's much better than the reflective surface it used to have.   I'd like to use a bake on coating on the pistol.   Will the roughed up surface from bead blasting allow the finish to adhere to the stainless?   Any reccomended coatings?  
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 4:08:45 AM EDT
[#1]
Glass bead peens, Oxide bead cuts,

Use oxide media to prep for coatings,
Duracoat if you want a flat mat finish, moly resin is you want to bake and have more of shiney/glass like finish (even over the rough oxide sub straight).

P.S. My thoughts are I buy SS pistols since they don't need a coating for protection.  Buffing wheel for polished surfaces, glass beaded for that softer sheen (step down from 220 Plus for more of a french grey), or just 120 oxide for the flat mat non-reflective finish.  The best part, 2 minutes back in the blast cabnet and there good as new.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 4:58:07 AM EDT
[#2]
Actually I only bought stainless to help a family member out that needed to move this particular pistol.   I prefer my guns be black.  Now this one is at least a dark grey, close but still not what I was looking for.   How hard is it to remove a baked on coating if I dont like it?
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 5:16:38 AM EDT
[#3]
It's easy in a blast cabinet to remove.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top