Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/23/2006 7:32:57 AM EDT
First I have an early model g19 March 92 I am wondering if there have been any factory recalls/ upgrades similar to those im reading about on the 22.

Second I am wanting a new generation reciever "light rail/ finger grips" Are there any aftermarket companies selling recievers? Yes I know i can get one from glock but i dont want to give up my original reciever. I love my glock and I always want the option to have it "original" I would much rather just buy another g19 with the newer reciever.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 9:06:12 AM EDT
[#1]
I don't know of any recall or problems.

Most companies that I know of swap out earlier generation recievers for new ones.  You are probably better off buying a brand new 19.  Then you will have two
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 10:03:46 AM EDT
[#2]
You will be happier buying a new G19 rather than getting a new frame.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 10:41:38 AM EDT
[#3]
Here are some upgrades which may affect you.

Upgrades
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 11:10:16 AM EDT
[#4]
IIRC Glockmeister offers 3rd gen receivers(frames) outright(you will need to ship to a local FFL because it is the gun). You might contact them and ask.

As far as other up-grades, call Glock and ask. Some where in the early 90s Glock was up-grading the internal parts for free. You may have to pay to ship your G19 to GA but but hey, the upgrades are free.  
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 10:03:22 AM EDT
[#5]
glockmeister like other selling official glock reciever require the submission of original reciever for destruction. Looks like im buying another.

anyway called glock and Im ok with my genII :)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top