Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/22/2005 6:13:02 PM EDT
so i've had my DE .41 mag for a little bit now, and i wanted to give her a little baby.lol

ok that didnt come out how i wanted. ... I wanna get a baby eagle, and i have a bunch of 9mms now and a few .45's.  so i dont know what caliber to get(keep in mind i do ALOT of plinkin and i dont like to spend an arm and a leg on ammo)
so for you guys that have them. do you like/love/hate em, and which caliber you think is best?
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 9:03:59 PM EDT
[#1]
I have a Baby Eagle 9mm, full size, steel frame etc.  (You already read my other post)

Anyway, I like (love) mine quite a bit, its accurate and very solid, although they are on the heavy side.  If only I could cure the FTF issues that happen after a few hundred rounds.

If you dont want to spend an arm and a leg on ammo, I think you know the answer...9mm.
These are dependable guns, I dont think my issues are too common, and I am sure you will not be disappointed.  
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 8:31:48 PM EDT
[#2]
I just got my Baby Eagle in 9mm today as a christmas gift. I put about 50 rounds through it and it shoots great!

This is really my first handgun, so 9mm is a good round for me because of the lower recoil.

But I probably would have preferred the .40
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 5:27:09 AM EDT
[#3]
I'd go with a 45 or 9mm just because thats what you already have ammo for. I love my Baby Eagle. It's my primary handgun and always will be as long as I have a choice in what I can carry.

The short and simple of it. I trust it to preform when shit goes bad and my ass is potentialy on the line. BTDT this year already.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 12:35:48 AM EDT
[#4]
Have a Baby .40 all steel full size.  No real complaints except the trigger pull is wierd.  Not too sharp in the terminology, but when the hammer is cocked and I pull the trigger very slowly, I feel this bump where the hammer actually drops from the cocked position to the heavy "double action" position.  To make the gun fire, I have to pull through this to the point where the hammer falls properly.  If I release the trigger at this point, the hammer moves to the half-cock position.  It only does this when I shoot right handed, and is mostly dependent on how I pull the trigger.  
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 5:03:00 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Have a Baby .40 all steel full size.  No real complaints except the trigger pull is wierd.  Not too sharp in the terminology, but when the hammer is cocked and I pull the trigger very slowly, I feel this bump where the hammer actually drops from the cocked position to the heavy "double action" position.  To make the gun fire, I have to pull through this to the point where the hammer falls properly.  If I release the trigger at this point, the hammer moves to the half-cock position.  It only does this when I shoot right handed, and is mostly dependent on how I pull the trigger.  

Are you a right handed shooter or left? If a lefty then it could ben because of that. I know I had problems with my trigger press when shooting weak hand(left for me) when I first started working on weak hand shooting. But nothing like the hammer drpping into a half cock. A lot of my pistol shooting problems went away after I took my first pistol class. Anyway it sounds like something mechnicly wrong in the gun execpt for the only happening when shooting right handed.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 10:25:35 AM EDT
[#6]
I have the full size steel in 9mm and .45, rock solid, great shooters for the money.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 12:43:05 PM EDT
[#7]
i've been looking at them on gun bokers .com and they are not going for all that much. i think if i get one its gunna be a 9mm, Im a sukker for a 9.lol
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 7:33:25 PM EDT
[#8]
GunsAmerica.com is another good place to look. I got my BDE (Compact) 9mm for about $335 plus s&h; I kept an eye on the different designs of 9mms, decided what I wanted, then pounced when I saw a good price!
Turns out that the seller (probably) had a strong tendency to pull to the left; the rear sight was drifted about 1/8" from the centerline! I had it returned to its rightful place in the world and now the world is happy.
I shot it about 200-250 times without an "in-use" failure. The only failure I experienced was ftf when I s-l-o-w-l-y slid the slide down on a Hydroshok round; it wouldn't feed. hen
The reason I went so long w/o cleaning was to test its dependability. Needless to say, now I clean it religiously after every shoot, as it is my primary carry weapon. (NM CCW is pending.)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top