Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/19/2017 7:27:10 PM
Posted: 12/22/2005 6:13:02 PM EDT
so i've had my DE .41 mag for a little bit now, and i wanted to give her a little baby.lol

ok that didnt come out how i wanted. ... I wanna get a baby eagle, and i have a bunch of 9mms now and a few .45's. so i dont know what caliber to get(keep in mind i do ALOT of plinkin and i dont like to spend an arm and a leg on ammo)
so for you guys that have them. do you like/love/hate em, and which caliber you think is best?
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 9:03:59 PM EDT
I have a Baby Eagle 9mm, full size, steel frame etc. (You already read my other post)

Anyway, I like (love) mine quite a bit, its accurate and very solid, although they are on the heavy side. If only I could cure the FTF issues that happen after a few hundred rounds.

If you dont want to spend an arm and a leg on ammo, I think you know the answer...9mm.
These are dependable guns, I dont think my issues are too common, and I am sure you will not be disappointed.
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 8:31:48 PM EDT
I just got my Baby Eagle in 9mm today as a christmas gift. I put about 50 rounds through it and it shoots great!

This is really my first handgun, so 9mm is a good round for me because of the lower recoil.

But I probably would have preferred the .40
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 5:27:09 AM EDT
I'd go with a 45 or 9mm just because thats what you already have ammo for. I love my Baby Eagle. It's my primary handgun and always will be as long as I have a choice in what I can carry.

The short and simple of it. I trust it to preform when shit goes bad and my ass is potentialy on the line. BTDT this year already.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 12:35:48 AM EDT
Have a Baby .40 all steel full size. No real complaints except the trigger pull is wierd. Not too sharp in the terminology, but when the hammer is cocked and I pull the trigger very slowly, I feel this bump where the hammer actually drops from the cocked position to the heavy "double action" position. To make the gun fire, I have to pull through this to the point where the hammer falls properly. If I release the trigger at this point, the hammer moves to the half-cock position. It only does this when I shoot right handed, and is mostly dependent on how I pull the trigger.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 5:03:00 AM EDT

Originally Posted By PromptCritical:
Have a Baby .40 all steel full size. No real complaints except the trigger pull is wierd. Not too sharp in the terminology, but when the hammer is cocked and I pull the trigger very slowly, I feel this bump where the hammer actually drops from the cocked position to the heavy "double action" position. To make the gun fire, I have to pull through this to the point where the hammer falls properly. If I release the trigger at this point, the hammer moves to the half-cock position. It only does this when I shoot right handed, and is mostly dependent on how I pull the trigger.

Are you a right handed shooter or left? If a lefty then it could ben because of that. I know I had problems with my trigger press when shooting weak hand(left for me) when I first started working on weak hand shooting. But nothing like the hammer drpping into a half cock. A lot of my pistol shooting problems went away after I took my first pistol class. Anyway it sounds like something mechnicly wrong in the gun execpt for the only happening when shooting right handed.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 10:25:35 AM EDT
I have the full size steel in 9mm and .45, rock solid, great shooters for the money.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 12:43:05 PM EDT
i've been looking at them on gun bokers .com and they are not going for all that much. i think if i get one its gunna be a 9mm, Im a sukker for a 9.lol
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 7:33:25 PM EDT
GunsAmerica.com is another good place to look. I got my BDE (Compact) 9mm for about $335 plus s&h; I kept an eye on the different designs of 9mms, decided what I wanted, then pounced when I saw a good price!
Turns out that the seller (probably) had a strong tendency to pull to the left; the rear sight was drifted about 1/8" from the centerline! I had it returned to its rightful place in the world and now the world is happy.
I shot it about 200-250 times without an "in-use" failure. The only failure I experienced was ftf when I s-l-o-w-l-y slid the slide down on a Hydroshok round; it wouldn't feed. hen
The reason I went so long w/o cleaning was to test its dependability. Needless to say, now I clean it religiously after every shoot, as it is my primary carry weapon. (NM CCW is pending.)
Top Top