Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/27/2006 5:46:50 PM EDT
Has anyone sent their Kimber in for replacement to the internal design even when the gun was working fine?  What where your results?  I have a TLE II w/external it works fine but I'm curious.

*I spoke with Kimber on Tues. and they said that there is no 'statue of limitations' and they stand by their product 100%.  They told me if I ever have a problem to send the gun in and it will be re-fitted with a new slide (internal design).*  Free of charge of course.  As a side note: There is something to be said about a company's customer service and overall product quality.  All manufactures will produce some "Lemons" from time to time.  The true worth of a company and their product is how they fix it.  As it has always been..out of the box Kimbers are very hard to beat.
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 3:20:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 5:16:02 AM EDT
[#2]
Yeah, I sent Kimber an e-mail last Thurs.  I'll give them a call and see what's up.  My main concern is if there is an 'Cut-off' point for replacement.  So far mine has been perfect.  My only complaint has been the factory mag.
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 2:32:43 PM EDT
[#3]
when i picked up my pro carry II this year i noticed when i went to the gun range that sometime at around 80 rounds the slide would fail to go all the way forward and let the extractor engage the shell. thus making me have to give the slide a little bump, then it would continue to fire.

i figured this was because the gun needed to be broken in. 800+ rounds later i realized that this was not due to lack of being broken in. then this last week i had a stovepipe, then 20 rounds later i had another.

needless to say, i emailed kimber yesterday.

i'll see what happens.

this all really sucks because i use my kimber as my carry piece, and when i need it to work, it better do so without failure.
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 4:43:15 PM EDT
[#4]
I sent my Ultra Carry 2 in about 3 months ago and had great service. I had the gun back about 3 weeks after I sent it. I only have aroound 200 rounds through it, but it seems to be working great
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 5:58:45 PM EDT
[#5]
kimber emailed me back today and told me to overnight it to them, and they will make it right.

THAT IS EXCELLENT CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!!
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 3:06:13 AM EDT
[#6]
Good post and question, I have wondered the same thing. I have a PRO TLE RL ll and the only problem I'VE had was caused by me limp wristing, when I corrected this the gun went back to 100% for the last 500 rounds. I have about 1500 total through the gun.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top