Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/7/2003 8:33:19 PM EDT
I was in the market for another 1911. After checking around and what not I purchased a Kimber eclipse target II. I pick the gun up in 72 hours. Just curius if anybody in here owns one or has shot one. If so what ammo did it seem to like? Any ammo it did not like? What were the best groups you could ring out of it????? I have heard nothing but good reports in the accuracy department on Kimbers.I plan on running the gun through my routine break in and then feeding it several types of ammo until I see what it likes, I was just curious if anybody had any thoughts for me???????? Thanks. Matt
Link Posted: 5/15/2003 2:04:26 PM EDT
[#1]
I have one of the early Custom Shop Eclipes and its the best 1911 I've ever owned.  I got about 5000 rounds through it no problems.  It didn't like truncated bullets, so I polished the ramp and throat a little, no more problems.  I reload, but have shot Winchester 230 gr and Seller and Belloit 230 gr through it with no problems.  It's my IDPA gun, so I don't shoot slow with it very often, but the accuracy is about 3" groups or better at 50 yds.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top