Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/17/2006 1:24:37 PM EDT
In the process of learning the ins and outs of the SA-GI 1911, I have taking this gun apart completely only 2 times. But now the trigger feels a little heavier than when I brought it home. Is it possibly that happend? or is it all in my mind?

I didn't drop it or bend any pieces that I know of, and I put a thin coat of Hoppes oil with a Q-tip on all parts when I reassembel the gun.

thanks
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 2:17:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Check to make sure the hammer strut is seated correctly in the mainspring cap in the mainspring housing.

Strut tip should be in the recess of the mainspring cap when properly installed.

Sometimes it will be outside , on the outter edge of the cap.
I have seem milspec .45s that would go back together fairly easily in this condition.
Hell, I've done it.

This is the only thing and the most obvious to me that comes to my teeny little mind.

It's worth a shot

......since you are admittedly inexperienced in this...you didn't wrestle with the sear spring and accidently maybe not realizing, tweak a little it did you.

That could do it too!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top