Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/28/2006 7:46:04 AM EDT
Has anyone experienced trigger slap on their CZ's? I have a CZ75B and a CZ75 compact and both exhibit some wicked trigger slap, to the point where I can't even shoot the compact anymore because it's not at all enjoyable. As a result accuracy suffers and two of my favorite pistols don't get any range time anymore. Is there anyone who can fix this? Is the culprit some out of spec part(s)? This really pisses me off because I'd love to be able to carry my compact. The mroe I shoot these guns the worse this problem seems to get. Any ideas or suggestions?
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 7:56:18 AM EDT
[#1]
I own a CZ 85 B (basically the same gun) . I have no trigger slap it's a nice gun to shoot .
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 9:16:17 AM EDT
[#2]
Try asking in the "Ask Angus" forum over on CZ-Forums . You should be able to get a definitive answer there! And be sure to try and describe what you're experiencing in detail.

Bill
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 12:51:31 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Try asking in the "Ask Angus" forum over on CZ-Forums . You should be able to get a definitive answer there! And be sure to try and describe what you're experiencing in detail.

Bill

Thanks Bill, I did just what you suggested. It seems this must be a common issue because there was already a thread describing exactly the same problem I have.  Too bad there wasn't any real concrete remedy described. I want to enjoy my CZ's again
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 1:38:59 PM EDT
[#4]
???  What's trigger slap?  I'm looking into getting a CZ... so that's why I'm asking.
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 1:49:26 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
???  What's trigger slap?  I'm looking into getting a CZ... so that's why I'm asking.

Trigger slap is most commonly found on cheap AK's where the hammer is out of spec (too large) so that when the bolt carrier moves forward into battery after firing the hammer pushes down into the fire control group and the force from the bolt carrier is felt in the trigger finger as the trigger slams forward against your finger. It's quite painful.

I don't know what the culprit is on CZ's but the same affect transpires where the trigger batters your trigger finger when the slide returns into battery. Normally a trigger on a pistol stays to the rear until you release pressure, but with my CZ's the trigger slams forward immediately after firing. It hurts like hell. Definitely not fun.
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 2:03:49 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Trigger slap is most commonly found on cheap AK's where the hammer is out of spec (too large) so that when the bolt carrier moves forward into battery after firing the hammer pushes down into the fire control group and the force from the bolt carrier is felt in the trigger finger as the trigger slams forward against your finger. It's quite painful.

I don't know what the culprit is on CZ's but the same affect transpires where the trigger batters your trigger finger when the slide returns into battery. Normally a trigger on a pistol stays to the rear until you release pressure, but with my CZ's the trigger slams forward immediately after firing. It hurts like hell. Definitely not fun.

I still want that P-01 though...
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 2:05:48 PM EDT
[#7]
haven't experienced trigger slap in either of my CZ p-01 and sp-01
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 5:34:50 PM EDT
[#8]
My old man's P01 has a very mild case of it.  Its still bearable to shoot, but it does get annoying.

I love CZ's, but in general, they have some of the overall shittiest triggers.
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 10:46:31 PM EDT
[#9]
I thought my CZ40B was doing that but I realized it was how my finger was on the trigger. None of my other CZs have any problem like that. The standard 75 would not bother me as much but the CZs with decockers are from what I have heard a night mare to pull apart the trigger assy. I do not see how they could trigger slap but I have heard about four people say they have experianced it. If they are doing it I hope CZ gets the act together because they are my favorite pistols.
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 10:49:35 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Thanks Bill, I did just what you suggested. It seems this must be a common issue because there was already a thread describing exactly the same problem I have.  Too bad there wasn't any real concrete remedy described. I want to enjoy my CZ's again

Give 'em a bit of time.  Angus and a lot of the gunsmithing types are gallivanting all over to various matches, and may be a bit b4 everyone gets home and a chance to get caught up!

Bill
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 11:14:38 AM EDT
[#11]
Until you solve the problem otherwise, if possible, try practicing stricter trigger control. Don't lose contact with the trigger, let it push, not slap, forward.

F
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top