Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/28/2011 8:45:56 PM EDT
looking at two options for concealed carry what would be your choice Glock G19 Gen 3 or a Walther PPS both are 9mm , I am 6' 2" tall and 225 lbs which would you carry.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 3:35:53 AM EDT
you are plenty big to carry the Glock.  you will have no trouble concealing it on your frame.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 3:40:51 AM EDT
IWB is annoying. i carry every day. while you can carry everyday IWB, it fucking sucks. people here do it, but trust me pocket carry is the way to go. to carry properly you will have to make wardrobe changes regardless, and with pocket carry all you have to do is get looser pants with bigger pockets. i carry my kahr pm9 in my front pocket everyday everywhere in carhartt dungarees. its simple and fast to throw in my pockets, and i dont have that annoying lump on my wasit when you IWB.

edit for clarification: g19 = iwb while pps = pocket gun
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 3:57:27 AM EDT
If you really want my opinion, I've never fired a pps but I know that the Glock grip angle is completely wrong for me.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 4:47:40 AM EDT
Kahr CW9
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 6:00:10 AM EDT

Quoted:

Kahr CW9

+1

Link Posted: 4/29/2011 7:13:41 AM EDT
depends on which you would carry more. If you would be self conscious / tend not to carry the G19 due to its larger size, the choice is obvious (PPS). If you conceal both equally as well, the choice is again obvious (Glock, due to higher mag cap)

I carry a .380. Not because i like the caliber, but it just carries well with my style / preferences.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 8:33:50 AM EDT

Quoted:

depends on which you would carry more. If you would be self conscious / tend not to carry the G19 due to its larger size, the choice is obvious (PPS). If you conceal both equally as well, the choice is again obvious (Glock, due to higher mag cap)

I carry a .380. Not because i like the caliber, but it just carries well with my style / preferences.

This is the correct answer. Your size doesn't matter, it's your preference. No matter what you choose there is a trade-off involved.

Link Posted: 4/29/2011 8:48:43 AM EDT

Quoted:

IWB is annoying. i carry every day. while you can carry everyday IWB, it fucking sucks. people here do it, but trust me pocket carry is the way to go. to carry properly you will have to make wardrobe changes regardless, and with pocket carry all you have to do is get looser pants with bigger pockets. i carry my kahr pm9 in my front pocket everyday everywhere in carhartt dungarees. its simple and fast to throw in my pockets, and i dont have that annoying lump on my wasit when you IWB.

You lie. I wore a thin white t shirt/ shorts  carrying my m&p9c while laying sod and no one knew(including the sheriff that was helping) i had it on me.

Link Posted: 4/29/2011 8:58:05 AM EDT
Quoted:

Quoted:

You lie. I wore a thin white t shirt/ shorts  carrying my m&p9c while laying sod and no one knew(including the sheriff that was helping) i had it on me.

wow.

Link Posted: 4/29/2011 9:03:49 AM EDT
IWB only sucks if your holster sucks. Carry a G19/23 in a Crossbreed Supertuck and you'll forget it's there. The only time pocket carry has any merit at all is serious kick back clothes like board shorts and no shirt with sandals. If you are wearing any kind of pants that will take a belt, you should wear a decent belt, good holster and a gun big enough to hit things and hit 'em a bunch.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 9:26:39 AM EDT

Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

wow.

Good job contributing to the thread.

Link Posted: 4/29/2011 10:13:56 AM EDT
Glock 19 is a great carry gun, big enough to shoot very well, while being small enough to conceal with ease, given you drop money on  a good holster.  However, I'll probably be carrtying appendix, and wont carry there without a safety... hence I bought a similar sized gun with one.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 10:59:40 AM EDT
I have been looking at the PPS here and there, but I carry a Gen 3 Glock 19 everyday in a BladeTech IWB holster and it's not bad at all. I work outside in the heat all day and I have little issues.
Both guns would serve you well, but my vote is for the G19.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 11:30:54 AM EDT
Poll Fail

No option for "None" or "Other"

I wouldn't pick either of the choices for concealed carry.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 11:36:13 AM EDT
PPS I hope. I just bought one off the EE with a crossbreed holster. I have gone from a J frame to a glock 19 to an M&P 45c to now a PPS. So i will let you know if the PPS sticks.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 11:43:37 AM EDT
This is def a 'get both' situation.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 12:52:55 PM EDT
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

wow.

Nice job deleting the "You Lie" part of your 'contribution.'

Now tell us how your tale represents all CCW people and all the different aspects, and stages, of [ETA: their lives] life.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 2:26:59 PM EDT
Quoted:
IWB only sucks if your holster sucks. Carry a G19/23 in a Crossbreed Supertuck and you'll forget it's there. The only time pocket carry has any merit at all is serious kick back clothes like board shorts and no shirt with sandals. If you are wearing any kind of pants that will take a belt, you should wear a decent belt, good holster and a gun big enough to hit things and hit 'em a bunch.

^
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 2:32:13 PM EDT
Carry the biggest gun you can get away with.

I carry a 5" Steel 1911 IWB 18 hours a day and I'm 205lbs and 6'0".

Carry the G19.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 3:22:43 PM EDT

Quoted:

PPS I hope. I just bought one off the EE with a crossbreed holster. I have gone from a J frame to a glock 19 to an M&P 45c to now a PPS. So i will let you know if the PPS sticks.

Lol, you're going through all the ones I like, a nice tour of CCW.

Link Posted: 4/29/2011 4:02:30 PM EDT

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

wow.

Now tell us how your tale represents all CCW people and all the different aspects, and stages, of [ETA: their lives] life.

Still there. Trying not to make a quote tree..

Just saying that its not hard to conceal. People act like its the hardest thing on earth so lets get a pea shooter in their pocket.

Link Posted: 4/29/2011 5:04:40 PM EDT
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

wow.

Just saying that its not hard to conceal. People act like its the hardest thing on earth so lets get a pea shooter in their pocket.

Again.  Tell us how your t-shirt tale represents all CCW people and all the different aspects, and staget of their lives.

I know for a fact that you can't responsibly twist it that way.  So your statement is more of a 'lie' than the guy you called a liar.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 5:21:18 PM EDT
G19 with a quality IWB, MTAC/CB supertuck/milt sparks will conceal on someone your size just fine I carry IWB every day and never had any issues once I got a good belt and holster.

I think the G19 is just a much better gun to boot, but thats personal bias.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 9:07:29 PM EDT
G19 + MTAC/Supertuck

Done
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 9:17:54 PM EDT
Quoted:
looking at two options for concealed carry what would be your choice Glock G19 Gen 3 or a Walther PPS both are 9mm , I am 6' 2" tall and 225 lbs which would you carry.

Being from SC, I know its gonna start gettin Damn hot soon. If your a Tshirt only kind of guy, definetly the PPS. If you are willing to wear a Polo or untucked button up over a Tshirt, then you could probably pull off the Glock and definetly the PPS. When im there during the summer, I roll with a Sig 239 under a Polo or button up myself. Im gonna give the nod to the PPS for year around carry ability, and the G19 for winter carry only.

Link Posted: 4/29/2011 10:12:59 PM EDT
Quoted:

Link Posted: 4/30/2011 4:08:17 AM EDT
Glock 19 Gen3 with Night Sights.

I've owned "several" of them over the years and have never had a single malfunction.  I've taken them to classes, CCW'd them, etc since they were introduced.  I wish I know how many rounds I've sent through various G19's over the years but I can only speculate that its "significant".

My wife and I have a pair of Glock 19's that we routinely CCW and that are slated for "Bug Out" purposes should the world ever decide to dump on us.

Link Posted: 4/30/2011 4:10:27 AM EDT
CORRECTION....

I've CCW'd a Glock 19 since 1994....that's when I received my license (even though the G19 hit store shelves around 1989)
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 4:46:45 AM EDT
I guess the people complaining about heat and you needing to wear a parka in the summer are clueless as to how easy it is to carry some pistols.

It's been 95 with 85% humidity and I've had my 1911 under a t-shirt all day working outside. No button up shirt, polo, sweatshirt, or parka needed.

Buy a quality holster. Buy a quality belt. Be happy.
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 6:06:54 AM EDT
I carry a gen III 19 daily iwb in a comp tac mtac
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 6:30:12 AM EDT
Quoted:
I guess the people complaining about heat and you needing to wear a parka in the summer are clueless as to how easy it is to carry some pistols.

It's been 95 with 85% humidity and I've had my 1911 under a t-shirt all day working outside. No button up shirt, polo, sweatshirt, or parka needed.

Buy a quality holster. Buy a quality belt. Be happy.

As a 1911 carrier, I agree 100%. If you are of average build, and you can't do this, you're doing it wrong.
It can be done, and it can be done comfortably,
This is my opinion,
a-bare
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 8:32:44 AM EDT

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

wow.

Again.  Tell us how your t-shirt tale represents all CCW people and all the different aspects, and staget of their lives.

I know for a fact that you can't responsibly twist it that way.  So your statement is more of a 'lie' than the guy you called a liar.

"You lie" like senator said to obama. Was just a joke. Be calm.

Link Posted: 4/30/2011 1:59:26 PM EDT
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

wow.

"You lie" like senator said to obama. Was just a joke. Be calm.

I have always been calm.

Ohhh.....  gotcha about the joke part.

You're still quite a bit off with your t-shirt tale though...
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 2:43:41 PM EDT
The G19, or 26.

An error occurred on the server when processing the URL. Please contact the system administrator.

If you are the system administrator please click here to find out more about this error.