Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/23/2010 9:44:42 AM EDT
i am in the process of trading my GSG-5 for a 9mm handgun,   i have 2 offers, one a ruger p89 and the other a SW sigma.    would this be a good deal?  do you have any bias towards any of these firearms?   i was hoping to get a cheap used glock for my gsg or maybe a really used XD.   but i am really not sure about anything in the handgun world.      i am going to be using the pistol as a side arm to my AR, and i will be taking defensive classes with it.     any comments are welcome, good or bad
Link Posted: 8/23/2010 9:47:42 AM EDT
[#1]
i think this is in the wrong forum.  i will move it.  sorry about the inconvenience
Link Posted: 8/23/2010 6:47:40 PM EDT
[#2]
It is the wrong forum, but I'd guess you could do a little better in trade on a GSG 5 for a used handgun.  The Ruger P89 is a blocky hunk of 9mm.  They function well, but value on the used gun market is probably only around $250-275.  They weren't very expensive back in the day when they had their best sales.  I've got zero experience with the Sigma line, so can't comment there.  
I think you could sell your GSG outright and have enough cash for a used trade in glock, or other trade in guns.  Look for a bigger gun store in your area that sells used police guns.  I've had good luck with quite a few police trade ins - Glocks, Sigs, S&W are the most commonly available.  A lot of time, the guns will show more holster wear than they do internally.  Makes them cheap because visually they aren't appealing, but internally will likely be good to go.  If you go this route, make sure you field strip the gun you are interested in to see the internals
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 4:43:03 AM EDT
[#3]
Sell your gsg outright then look for a used whatever.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top