Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/19/2017 7:27:10 PM
Posted: 2/22/2006 7:48:20 PM EDT
Hey guys.

I've been shooting a glock at the local competitions where we shoot at steel plates. The plates are white, the same color as my front sight post. I was wondering if I could buy a replacement in different colors. I don't need anything really fancy, but I just need it a different color so it doesn't blend in with the targets. I looked on glockmiester and didn't see anything that fit the bill. Thanks for any info.

Couch-Commando
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 8:27:54 PM EDT
Trust me on this one. Get a Dawson fiber optic front sight, they aren't that expensive and make a WORLD of difference. Can't really remember a price off hand, but I think I paid around $70 shipped for a fiber optic front sight and a Heinie rear sight for my G34 and it was the best aftermarket accessory that I've ever purchased for any gun.

I believe their website is Dawson Precision
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 4:48:20 PM EDT

Originally Posted By glock223:
Trust me on this one. Get a Dawson fiber optic front sight, they aren't that expensive and make a WORLD of difference. Can't really remember a price off hand, but I think I paid around $70 shipped for a fiber optic front sight and a Heinie rear sight for my G34 and it was the best aftermarket accessory that I've ever purchased for any gun.

I believe their website is Dawson Precision

thanks. I'll look into it.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 6:01:59 PM EDT
If your using factory bar/dot sights, just paint the front dot w/orange model car paint! I've done this in the past shooting bowling pins.

teamroper
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 6:15:00 AM EDT
Like Teamroper said, try useing the Testor Blaze Orange paint, it cost less than a dollar at Walmart in the model plane /car section. I use it on all my non-night sighted pistols. It really stands out and when given a coat of my wife's clear nail polish it is quite long lasting.
Top Top