Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/29/2006 2:36:20 PM EDT
has anyone here ever dealt with, heard of, or known someone who has used/owned a cobra pistol? i found a couple of theirs for sale on gunbroker (.380 and 9mm) and they are what i would call reasonably priced for a pistol.

BUT.

it sure aint reasonable if it's a POS that wont run and costs me more than $150

i'd like to find a good price on an auto pistol that will shoot reliably and has enough stopping power that it could pull double duty if needed, but won't kill my wallet.

ive looked at other similar pistols as well (kel-tec comes to mind) as well as the Makarovs, but thought i'd just see what anyone might have to say about cobra while im at it.

if you don't like cobra, any other suggestions? i'm open minded, i promise

thanks guys!
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 2:45:04 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
has anyone here ever dealt with, heard of, or known someone who has used/owned a cobra pistol? i found a couple of theirs for sale on gunbroker (.380 and 9mm) and they are what i would call reasonably priced for a pistol.

BUT.

it sure aint reasonable if it's a POS that wont run and costs me more than $150 hat
ive looked at other similar pistols as well (kel-tec comes to mind) as well as the Makarovs, but thought i'd just see what anyone might have to say about cobra while im at it.

if you don't like cobra, any other suggestions? i'm open minded, i promise hanks

I've never fired one, but I have handled the .45.  After handling it I wouldn't shoot one on a bet.  Low build quality and after trying the trigger I doubt that I could hit anything with it.  I'd estimate the trigger pull at about 20 pounds, long and gritty.  As far as I can tell they are cheap shit.  Save your money and look for something else.  Kel-tecs
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 4:56:48 PM EDT
[#2]
thanks for the input
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top