Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/9/2006 5:23:04 PM EDT
As a non-leo and non-gun store employee, can I take the glock armorers course? Does Glock hold these classes in different locations, or only in Ga? Tried searching but I couldn't come up with much

Knowledge is power,
echo6
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 6:13:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Glock Training

You might contact a Glock Dealer in your area and see if they will sponcer you. Cost is $100
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 6:38:02 PM EDT
[#2]
I took the armors course about 3 years ago, not sure about your area but even as an LEO I had to wait over a year to get in a class. I will say that the class was great, the instructer was a very knowledable and a pretty neat guy to talk to during lunch. I leared alot about the history of the Glock company.  However other than having someone there to help you right away if you ran into a problem, you could learn just about everything I did from buying one of the vids or books on total Glock maint. They are not that hard to figure out.

Link Posted: 1/10/2006 4:23:23 AM EDT
[#3]
I dont know this for sure, but I have heard that if a Class is not full anyone can attend for the $100 fee. I would go with Hot Rods suggestion first.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 4:25:39 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I took the armors course about 3 years ago, not sure about your area but even as an LEO I had to wait over a year to get in a class. I will say that the class was great, the instructer was a very knowledable and a pretty neat guy to talk to during lunch. I leared alot about the history of the Glock company.  However other than having someone there to help you right away if you ran into a problem, you could learn just about everything I did from buying one of the vids or books on total Glock maint. They are not that hard to figure out.

Did you have Doneburgh? I had him last year. He was a wealth of knowledge.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 9:14:30 AM EDT
[#5]
I get to go in March, I think it says that Burke is the instructor.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 1:39:55 PM EDT
[#6]
There is one here in my area in March or April, it is the Glock Armorer/Instructor Course, 3-4 days.  My Chief signed me up for it, it is LE only, and cost is $375.  I would think that the Armorer only course would be for anyone that wanted to pay the cost of admission.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 8:57:35 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
There is one here in my area in March or April, it is the Glock Armorer/Instructor Course, 3-4 days.  My Chief signed me up for it, it is LE only, and cost is $375.  I would think that the Armorer only course would be for anyone that wanted to pay the cost of admission.

No Glock won't let you in unless your an LE or work for a Glock stocking dealer. (Unless perhaps you know someone.) There is a gunsmithing school in Denver that hosts one, and the students there get all the open seats.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 7:34:45 AM EDT
[#8]
They will also allow you to attend if you are Military.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top