Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/25/2006 8:02:34 PM EDT
fellas... i always swore up and down i'd never own a glock. didn't want a plastic gun, didn't like the trigger, didn't want it, couldn't have it, no way.

picked up my new glock 35 yesterday.

here's to adaptability and change!
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 8:44:09 PM EDT
[#1]
You're in!!

Pics?
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 9:10:22 PM EDT
[#2]
I wanna join too.  I didnt want a glock at all.  In fact I just bought a new springfield XD-9 for $400 last week to be my new carry option with big plans to trick it out.  I was out yesterday looking for a good price on 1k rounds of 9mm and some poor soul came into the gun shop needing to sell his nearly new Glock 19.  The salesperson told him he couldn't give him more than $250 for it and advised the poor guy to try to sell it privately.  I too, told him he could get a better deal than that privately, but he needed the money now and proof of sale; divorce crap.  I told him I'd give him $300 and minutes later I was the proud owner of a shiny, hardly used handgun.  Couldn't be happier to own a glock now!
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 10:54:33 AM EDT
[#3]
Welcome to the Dark Side.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 7:51:33 PM EDT
[#4]
i'll get pics when i get a little more time... i have a job interview tomorrow (that i should be prepping for now...) and a pretty tight schedule until tuesday or so. but, as of now, it isn't anything fancier than out-of-the-box stock.

sent a few rounds downrange today - mostly just to get some chrony data. i'll get serious about accuracy testing it later.

got 3 mags that are being held hostage somewhere by fedex. hope to see them tomorrow. will order another 10 or so tomorrow (along w/ 5 more xd-40's and 5 sig 229's). this will put my glock mag count to 15, which is right where i like to maintain my mag-fed weapons mag count at.

i've had the xd for over a year now, and am still somewhere at around 6 or 7 mags for it... they are just damned expensive locally ($30), so they have to be mail-ordered to get a decent price - and i really don't like mail-order. same story w/ glock mags... $30 locally, and i figure i better get the mag count up while it is fresh on my mind, or it will be another xd-story.

as far as shooting the glock... the trigger is weird, but better than the xd trigger. it seems to point just fine (but so does the xd... don't why people make such a fuss about pointability... must be just me). recoil is a little easier to control than the xd, and it flings brass more predictably (i handload, so this is actually a big deal).

so far so good...
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 11:04:01 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I wanna join too.  I didnt want a glock at all.  In fact I just bought a new springfield XD-9 for $400 last week to be my new carry option with big plans to trick it out.  I was out yesterday looking for a good price on 1k rounds of 9mm and some poor soul came into the gun shop needing to sell his nearly new Glock 19.  The salesperson told him he couldn't give him more than $250 for it and advised the poor guy to try to sell it privately.  I too, told him he could get a better deal than that privately, but he needed the money now and proof of sale; divorce crap.  I told him I'd give him $300 and minutes later I was the proud owner of a shiny, hardly used handgun.  Couldn't be happier to own a glock now!

Damn, nice grab.  
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 1:36:18 PM EDT
[#6]
The G35 is nice.  Congrats.

Welcome to the Glockside.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 7:42:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks.  The only problem now is I've already planned my mods out for my XD and really am not sure where to start with the glock.  Yeah, it needs the usual night sights, but I'm really into DIY so I want to do all that I can to it on my own before I get into any of the tricky stuff.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 3:34:19 PM EDT
[#8]
ran a few loads thru the sticks today... compared the 4" sig barrel to the 5" glock barrel.

factory loads went as expected, w/ the glock clocking about 60-ish f/s faster than the sig w/ the factory loads i tested (wwb 180, wwb 165, magtech). winchester doesn't feel compelled to put velocity data on their boxes, but magtech's claims were about 110 f/s optimistic.

then i ran some handloads thru both guns (identical load of power pistol and nosler jhp's) and came up w/ nearly 100 f/s difference between the 4" sig barrel and the 5" glock barrel. interesting.

i guessed the glock would be somewhere around 50 f/s faster across the board, but when i ran the power pistol load thru the glock, it really made an impression on me.

overall, i like the glock 35 better than my xd, not as well as my sig. the sig handled recoil better and felt more comfortable to shoot overall. the glock was faster to get on target, but the slipperiness of the gun negated most of that because of having to re-grip. anyway, satisfied w/ the g35... and now am really looking forward to more handloading work - this could get pretty fun, especially w/ slow powders...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top