Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 9/29/2007 3:54:46 PM EST
i have a xd 40 5 inch and i think the trigger spring broke wonder if anybody had this happen the gun has about 3500 rounds down the pipe first problem need help and i can not feild strip the gun cause the trigger does not work just goes back and forth no tinson moves freely
Link Posted: 9/29/2007 4:54:01 PM EST
This happened to a guy (his was .40 also IIRC) during the shooting portion of a SDA class we had recently. Said he had less than 500 rounds through it. Gun had to go back to the factory. Haven't heard whether he has gotten it back yet or not.

I had the XD in 9mm for a while. Had problems with the ejector pin and finish on the slide. When back to the factory, came back better than new.

Wish I could tell you that my experience with the factory is normal. I suspect that because I am a woman and was carrying the XD on my hip at work (at a gun store) the sales rep "pushed" the gun through so he could get it back where other women could see it on me.

Not that it did him much good -- I have since sold the gun and now carry a Colt Gold Cup .45 I found at an estate sale on my hip. Much more comfortable in my opinion and is quite the conversation piece, I have found.

Good luck.
Link Posted: 9/29/2007 5:01:49 PM EST
thank you i guess i will send it back and the gold cup is very nice did my chl with one
Link Posted: 9/29/2007 5:11:09 PM EST
Thanks -- and good luck. The more I learn about guns, the happier I am with "old school" weapons.
Link Posted: 10/4/2007 3:05:43 AM EST
I'm sorry to hear about your misfortune! Send it back to SA. Call first, they may be able to talk you through it. They will reimburse you for the shipping. Everyone gets quick-turn service, not just gun store employees!
All I've read lately is how SA is the only production-gun manufacturer who backs their product. My gunsmith, who also amkes 1911 parts(Mueschke Mfg), says SA is the best-made production gun available. I agree, and I've had lots of SAs, including 4 xds; had 5 but I gifted one.
Link Posted: 10/4/2007 5:15:58 AM EST
I ahd that happen to me aswell. I was able to play wiht it and get it to tear apart but it took some time. Sounds to me like you have one of older versions, that still had some flaws with it. I would keep an eye on the locking block for cracking also make sure you keep the firing pin and spring cleaned out from brass shavings. Mine filled up with alot of brass shavings and slowed the fireing pin down enough that it was not always hiting the primer hard enough. The third trouble spot on the older versions is the trigger bar. Mine broke complelty in two. So the three main areas to watch on older XDs are the trigger spring, locking block, and the trigger bar. Hope this helped out some.
Link Posted: 10/4/2007 4:16:18 PM EST
thank you all for the respones i got with sa and i am going to send it back. they were very helpful over the phone. thanks again.
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 5:04:52 AM EST
this happened on my XD 3 months ago I called Springfield and they mailed me a couple springs

I installed it myself

40-45
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 5:15:56 PM EST
how did you get the slide off without pulling the trigger?
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 6:37:17 PM EST
slide a small allen wrench under the slide from the rear on, I think left hand side, and press down. release the striker and you are good to go.

oops first be sure your xd is unloaded!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 10/12/2007 6:02:55 PM EST
having any luck
Link Posted: 10/12/2007 8:25:13 PM EST
my trigger bar on my xd service 40 model broke sometime ago i sent it to sa and they did a great job of replacing the part refinished with the armory kote stuff, and put a set of night sights on there, and payed shipping both ways. i did have to pay for the ns but i needed some anyway. they definetly get a thumbs up in the customer service department. they will take care of you.
Top Top