Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/24/2006 5:48:54 PM EDT
ok, so my cousin just bought a P22, and we only put about 300rounds though it. At about 150rnds it started having FTF about every 4-5 rounds. and we went shooting with it yester day, and after about 15 rnds it just stopped firing. the hammer dropp and thats all..no bang. keep in mind this is a BRAND new gun.. also, I made a comment to him that when he first got the gun it was jamming and not laoding 100% of the time, but i figured it might just need to be broken in.

this is the only time i've shot a P22, but after what i just saw, Im really dissapointed. and one else have this problem?
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 5:55:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Did you clean it first and only make sure a light film of oil is on it?  If you shoot the remington it is real dirty, clogs my 10/22 something fierce if you don't keep it clean to begin with, with almost no oil.  Alot of oil will trap the carbon fouling of the 22
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 6:00:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Dude, P22's are not reliable.  The first gun I ever bought was a P22, and it couldn't make it through a trip to the range.  After enough rounds it gets too dirty and will frequently FTFeed and FTFire.  Clean it up and it will work fine for a little while again, which is a pain in the rear compared to most pistols.  It isn't a break in issue, it's a P22 issue.  Get used to it.

I was so pissed when I got mine, I vowed I'd never waste money on a gun again.  Then I got my Sig, the clouds parted, angels sang, and for a moment the world just seemed right.

ETA dirty rimfire ammo doesn't help.  I've also noticed shards of metal stripping off the barrel when I clean it.  I'm seriously about to toss the POS.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 6:05:59 PM EDT
[#3]
lol, well i was thinkin about getting one, but after shooting my cousins i figured the ywere kinda cheap. its his gun so i dunno if he cleaned it real good. I'll ask him. kool looking gun..just sucks to shoot i guess.lol
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 9:44:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Mine works very well. Check out the walther forum at rimfirecentral.com for troubleshoot etc.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 10:05:13 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Mine works very well. Check out the walther forum at rimfirecentral.com for troubleshoot etc.

+1, mine is great.  Just gotta keep it clean.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 10:21:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Mine runs ok, but everything on the gun except the barrel liner is made of plastic or cheap pot metal.

Link Posted: 1/25/2006 4:46:13 AM EDT
[#7]
I bought a P22 a few months ago and it has functioned 100%.  The only ammo I have used so far are the CCI mini mags and I have shot about 2000 rounds without any problems.  Someone can correct me if I am wrong but I think the 2005 models have a serial number that starts with L and the 2005 models are supposed to be more reliable.  Do you know if your cousin's pistol has a serial number that starts with L?  Again, someone with more knowledge can correct me if I am wrong.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 5:37:07 AM EDT
[#8]
Mine has been pretty good, I have ran almost 2000 rounds through it, and it had minimal malfunctions, last weekend however, it would not cycle sometimes it wouldnt chamber the next round, it would stovepipe the shells, I would have to rack it almost evertime to chamber a round, I was shooting the 550 round box of Federal you get at WalMart, my buddy had a box of the Remington golden bullet stuff, loaded that up and it seemed to work fine, so I am switching to that ammo.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 3:34:34 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 11:01:55 PM EDT
[#10]
Mine works pretty well with the right ammo and I rarely clean it.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 11:34:27 PM EDT
[#11]
Mine functions pretty well too.   They have a 1 year warranty IIRC. Email them and get an RMA and send it in.  
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 12:15:35 AM EDT
[#12]
went through 400rds with mine today with no problems
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top