so whats ARF members' preference?

any particular reason why?

and what are some good mag carriers?

Link Posted: 8/13/2005 2:29:26 PM EDT
[#1]
tag.  I'm interested too.    
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 3:12:37 PM EDT
[#2]
They're not IWB, so it may not count in your inquiry but I use a Fobus paddle for my CCW & IPSC/IDPA. 1911s, J-Frames, 92FS, High Power, etc. all ride in a Fobus w/o any problems what so ever.

If you truely require an IWB, then disregard this post.  
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 3:13:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Threatsolutions UCR for either Glock or 1911.

I actually prefer the Glock factory mag carrier since it's as low-profile as I can find.

For 1911 I use a Mitch Rosen leather dual mag carrier, although I have a FIST kydex dual mag carrier on order.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 3:59:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Comp-tac  C-TAC.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 4:12:47 PM EDT
[#5]
I don't have any experience with the others, but my Comp-tac CTAC is very comfortable with a 5" 1911.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 9:00:12 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
They're not IWB, so it may not count in your inquiry but I use a Fobus paddle for my CCW & IPSC/IDPA. 1911s, J-Frames, 92FS, High Power, etc. all ride in a Fobus w/o any problems what so ever.

If you truely require an IWB, then disregard this post.  

sure, OWB holsters is  cool, i messed up in the poll
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 9:03:18 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Comp-tac  C-TAC.

+1

Easy on, easy off, very stable, reasonable cost, and TOP NOTCH customer service
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 6:15:10 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Comp-tac  C-TAC.

I've tried F.I.S.T. and a few other and have found the C-TAC to be the best holster.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 5:56:32 AM EDT
[#9]
the comptac seems to be the most prefered........was expecting the top 3 to be somwhat w/ the same #s

Link Posted: 8/17/2005 6:28:48 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 10:08:58 AM EDT
[#11]
I own a couple of the UCR holsters.  Thin profile, easy to draw from.  It is my CCW holster for both the 1911 and G19 I have.  Very comfortable standing, walking, sitting, driving, running.

Only one issue.  The belt hooks broke off both holsters after 6 months of hard wear.  Quick fix though with Loctite 401.  I bonded the kydex stronger than the original bend.  

I have it on now .

Iritei
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 10:40:06 AM EDT
[#12]
I haven't tried the others but I like my BladeTech IWB for my 1911.  Hides my 1911 pretty good.

556man
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 3:31:03 AM EDT
[#13]
Blackhawk CQC or BladeTech.
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 1:40:29 PM EDT
[#14]
all of the selections in the poll are good.  Sidearmor is also another company to look into.

for serious carry avoid paddle holsters or anything made by fobus.
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 1:46:01 PM EDT
[#15]
If I try to go that route again I will very probably go with a FIST IWB.

I have a Bladetech Injection molded IWB for my G36.  It's ok but it ain't great.

Comp tac is very good, I am sure.  But I usually have to learn on my own.

What I do know about FIST holsters is all in my Kydex pocket model for my Kahr PM9.
It's not an all the time holster but for those certain times it is damn hard to beat.
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 8:21:30 AM EDT
[#16]
Blade-Tech makes good products, and the owner is cool. Their injection molded products are alot better than Fobus (tension screw on Blade-Tech), and their Kydex is very good.
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 7:14:46 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

I have Blade-Tech IWBs for all my pistols. They are very comfortable holsters, and the little shield that protects your side from the pistol you are carrying is a definate point in their favor. If you ever have to carry while traveling in a car, you will thank them for that feature.
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 2:59:03 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I have Blade-Tech IWBs for all my pistols. They are very comfortable holsters, and the little shield that protects your side from the pistol you are carrying is a definate point in their favor. If you ever have to carry while traveling in a car, you will thank them for that feature.

will do

by the way (anybody), are comp-tac's c-tac IDPA ok?

Link Posted: 8/21/2005 3:24:23 AM EDT
[#19]
Comp-Tac C-Tac.
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 10:12:02 PM EDT
[#20]
I have Blade-tech, Side-Armor, and Comp-Tac.
Between those my favorite maker is by far Comp-tac.
The C-tac is imho the best holster, and I personally own seven of them.
The reason is that it is important for me to be able to tuck in my shirt over my gun and the C-tac has worked wonders for me. It conceals even an FN 5.7 under a tucked shirt for me with no cover garment, just a t-shirt and shorts.
Also they hold the gun securely.
As for mag holders I can't help you because I only use them for competition and don't use them for CCW.  I just make sure my pocket is free of lint before I stick my back-up mag in there. YMMV
Good luck with your decision. Before you buy get alot of people's opinion and only buy one holster per make till you know what will work for you and your intended carry methods. Lots of people prefer different holster makes for different types of concealment options. Good luck finding what works for you, it is a trial and error process!!!
DON'T GIVE UP!!!
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 8:26:57 AM EDT
[#21]
You all are going to hate me, but the best OWB holster for my XD that I have used is the el cheapo Uncle Mike's paddle holster.

Fits very close to the body, it's comfortable, and for my anatomy it has the perfect forward tilt.

. . . and it's $19.99 at my local funstore.

BTW, I have a G-Code kydex also and HATE it.  The gun is not held close to the body at all.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 8:34:47 AM EDT
[#22]
I like the Uncle Mikes Kydex line and I only use Fobus for the range
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top