Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/30/2002 6:15:25 PM EDT
a friend of mine told me that the pre-ban high cap Beretta mags can be used in the Springfield XD w/ some minor milling to the front of the mag. Has anyone else heard anything about this.

Link Posted: 7/30/2002 8:29:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/31/2002 6:00:01 AM EDT
[#2]
Wow, that would be good news indeed, as I stashed a bulk packed (not blister packed) box of those 15 rounders years ago. They still have Smith's  UPC stickers on 'em. Not to mention some of the early blue factory 20 rounders. Now for some XD shoppin'.
Link Posted: 8/5/2002 8:49:04 AM EDT
[#3]
Beretta mags can be used, but require a bit more filing than S&W mags. S&W mags are the easiest to modify, and they fit flush with the bottom of the mag well. The Pro-Mag S&W 59 series mags seem to work very well from what I've heard, and they can be had for less than $15. HTH
Link Posted: 8/5/2002 12:50:19 PM EDT
[#4]
I took some of my Beretta mags to my dealer today and they fit like a charm. They need to be milled at the top near where the follower hits the slide stop. They also need to be cut on the front to accept the mag catch on the XD.
They are a little bit longer than the bottom of the gun, but would u rather have 10rds. or 15rds.
With a little bit of tinkering u should be able to use them in the XD .40. All u have to do is bend the feed lips out a little bit to accept the larger round.

Link Posted: 8/6/2002 11:13:19 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/6/2002 12:41:11 PM EDT
[#6]
CDNN Investments has the 15 round ProMags for $13.99.

Entreprise Arms has the same mags on closeout for $10.00.

They're fairly easy to modify, and BATF legal as long as they still work in the firearm they were originally designed for. Lots more info at the HS2000 Talk forums.
Link Posted: 8/8/2002 11:20:59 PM EDT
[#7]
Yup, its the 59 series SW mags.  I looked up some posts and save it from another discussion site (gasp!!!)  I can't recall what site.... either it was for Sprinfields or for the former name of that gun.

I have the text and the pics....

Just looked at my saved text: HS2000 & SA-XD Talk
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top