Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/2/2001 8:56:02 PM EDT
this may be a stupid question but whats the difference between a 92f and a 92fs?
Link Posted: 12/3/2001 7:19:31 AM EDT
[#1]
I belive the "S" has the upgrade to the slide. They redesigned it so that in the event of failure, the slide will not shoot off the frame and hit the shooter in the face.

I also think there was another safety upgrade in there, but don't remember what it was.

Av.

Link Posted: 12/3/2001 12:26:14 PM EDT
[#2]
"What is the difference between the 92F and the 92FS?
The 92F and 92FS are identical with the exception of a minor engineering change required for the military M9 contract. To standardize production this change was also applied to all current production 92/96 model pistols."

Source: The Horse's Mouth
www.berettausa.com/customer_service/FAQS/index_query.cfm?AreaID=PISTOLS

As to what the changes are, Avalon is correct.
Link Posted: 12/7/2001 8:22:44 AM EDT
[#3]
If you have to think about it don't do it! This hand gun has killed more shooters than it should have. The ARMY went to them because it was a cheap find and they are finding that out now.

Pat
Link Posted: 12/9/2001 4:46:20 PM EDT
[#4]
The Army only had problems when they were shooting thousands of rounds of +P+ ammo through the pistol.

Thus, the FS was born.

Anyway, if the Beretta can stand up to that sort of abuse and still have a low rate of failure, than it's a damn fine gun.

Please point me to any news sites that shows how many shooters the Beretta has killed. I would be interested in reading that.

Av.
Link Posted: 12/21/2001 9:09:17 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
If you have to think about it don't do it! This hand gun has killed more shooters than it should have. The ARMY went to them because it was a cheap find and they are finding that out now.

Pat

Pat, you obviously have no clue what you are talking about
Link Posted: 12/22/2001 7:01:19 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
They redesigned it so that in the event of failure, the slide will not shoot off the frame and hit the shooter in the face.

That sounds like an... inconvenient thing to happen in a firefight.
Link Posted: 12/22/2001 10:59:16 AM EDT
[#7]
It would be inconvenient to have a slide fly off.  But that would only happen if you cant read, which would be even more inconvenient...

It would be almost as inconvenient as if you put deisel in a car made for unleaded.  But, it wont happen...if you can read.

Just dont put stuff in something thats not made to be there and you wont have a problem with it.  My beretta has 5000+ rounds through it with no failures of ANY kind.  2000 rounds of those were fired without a cleaning as well.
Link Posted: 12/24/2001 8:37:28 AM EDT
[#8]
PMFJI, but I bought a used 92FS on a lark & have been very happily surprised & pleased with it. Having said that, I still hold that one of, if not THE biggest, reason Beretta was chosen was for the US base contract renewals in Italy were due around the time of the pistol trials.
Coincidence? Maybe, maybe not.
Granted, Beretta didn't get much competition from Colt or others, based on the reports I read at the time.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top