Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 1/17/2008 7:59:31 AM EST
[Last Edit: 1/17/2008 8:01:51 AM EST by Bansheeman6100]
ok, so i was looking for 8rd mags with finger resta, and these seem like a good deal

http://gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=89653401

also, do regular 8 rounder's without the rest seat all the way in like a 7rd? and it says those i posted have removeable rest's. would that mean that if i remove them, the mag will stick out? maybe someone has a picture of this or a similar mag in the gun?
Link Posted: 1/17/2008 8:15:22 AM EST
[Last Edit: 1/17/2008 8:16:55 AM EST by RunsWithScissors]
Loaded question... no pun intended.

Most 8rders sit flush. They normally have a shorter spring, and a truncated follower so they fit the same mag tube as 7rders.

Some people stick with the dimpled follower, 7rd JMB styled mags, and delcare all others blasphemy.
I will give tham that the dimples are there for a reason, and that I have no issues with good 7rders,
ever.

Others like Chip McCormick/Wilson/Tripp/etc 8rd mags.

I like all but CmC's. Their follower and springs make my Springer lock back after each round.

I don't know whos' mags are those in the link, but they seem like no-name stuff, that look
like Wilsons, but with McCormick's follower...
Link Posted: 1/17/2008 8:27:55 AM EST
[Last Edit: 1/17/2008 8:28:46 AM EST by Bansheeman6100]

Originally Posted By RunsWithScissors:
Loaded question... no pun intended.

Most 8rders sit flush. They normally have a shorter spring, and a truncated follower so they fit the same mag tube as 7rders.

Some people stick with the dimpled follower, 7rd JMB styled mags, and delcare all others blasphemy.
I will give tham that the dimples are there for a reason, and that I have no issues with good 7rders,
ever.

Others like Chip McCormick/Wilson/Tripp/etc 8rd mags.

I like all but CmC's. Their follower and springs make my Springer lock back after each round.

I don't know whos' mags are those in the link, but they seem like no-name stuff, that look
like Wilsons, but with McCormick's follower...
well im getting a Springer, so i'll stay away from CMC. but, the ad says Colt. well, it says for cold
Link Posted: 1/17/2008 1:40:59 PM EST
I bought two 8 rnd CMC "Shooting Star" SS mags and they functioned perfectly and seem to be well regarded in general.
CDNN has them on sale now so I bought two more plus a couple 10 round mags.

The 8 rounders do fit flush. Nice for carry. Or you can install the plastic bumper they come with. For larger hands than mine that becomes a finger rest.
Link Posted: 1/17/2008 2:09:59 PM EST

Originally Posted By Bansheeman6100:

well im getting a Springer, so i'll stay away from CMC. but, the ad says Colt. well, it says for cold

I use nothing BUT Chip McCormick mags in all of my Springfields & have NO problems with any of them.
Link Posted: 1/17/2008 9:28:03 PM EST
[Last Edit: 1/17/2008 9:31:17 PM EST by ALPHAGHOST]
gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=89653401

the only flush 8rnders i have used were the CMC (shooting stars i think) and the Kimber Pro-Tac mags (my recommendation if flushness is needed and b/c the floorplate is not spot welded like the CMC)

most other 8rnders do protrude slightly, mostly b/c of the basepads stick out that exta 1/4" or so

WC 47Ds imo are teh best for the price

here is a pic of a std 1911 govt w/ a 8rnd mag (CMC)
Link Posted: 1/18/2008 4:36:59 AM EST
The 8rd CMC PowerMags are the best functioning mags I have found for my Springfield.
Link Posted: 1/18/2008 7:28:14 AM EST

Originally Posted By ALPHAGHOST:
gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=89653401

the only flush 8rnders i have used were the CMC (shooting stars i think) and the Kimber Pro-Tac mags (my recommendation if flushness is needed and b/c the floorplate is not spot welded like the CMC)

most other 8rnders do protrude slightly, mostly b/c of the basepads stick out that exta 1/4" or so

WC 47Ds imo are teh best for the price

img92.imageshack.us/img92/8939/img1133yi3.jpg

here is a pic of a std 1911 govt w/ a 8rnd mag (CMC)
thanks. butm i thought that you said the CMC fit flush? then the picture shows that it doesnt....these are the CMC's i was looking at

http://cheaperthandirt.com/31065-18622-1957.html
Link Posted: 1/18/2008 3:58:27 PM EST

thanks. butm i thought that you said the CMC fit flush? then the picture shows that it doesnt....these are the CMC's i was looking at

I don't believe he's showing a Chip McCormick mag there, it looks like a Wilson, IMO.
Link Posted: 1/18/2008 6:46:21 PM EST
[Last Edit: 1/18/2008 6:53:05 PM EST by ALPHAGHOST]

Originally Posted By BobCole:

I don't believe he's showing a Chip McCormick mag there, it looks like a Wilson, IMO.

just double checked on this mr bobcole, since its been a while since i took that pic (heck, i traded off that RIA a while back...), it was a CMC mag

all my CMCs are the same 8rnder powermags w/ the plastic basepads w/ no markings and just the 2 faint molding dots on the sides

the rest of my wilson 47Ds have the plastic basepads, but are marked "wilson combat" on the side of the basepad

http://cheaperthandirt.com/31065-18622-1957.html

cheaperthandirt.com/31065-18622-1957.html

there ARE some CMC 8rnder mags that DO fit flush; the forementioned 8rnder shooting star mags fit flush b/c they dont have a plastic slip on basepad, but the metal floorplate its got is welded on the bottom

these are the CMC mags i used in the pic:
www.midwayusa.com/eproductpage.exe/showproduct?saleitemid=783573&t=11082005

the ones you posted from CTD are these, but the diff is that yours includes (besides the one in my link is SS) the added on rubber/plastic baseplate, which is attached via 2 phillip head screws; h/w, the actual metal floorplate is still spot welded on and would be flush w/ out the pad:

www.midwayusa.com/eproductpage.exe/showproduct?saleitemid=644780&t=11082005

Link Posted: 1/19/2008 1:10:57 PM EST

Originally Posted By ALPHAGHOST:

just double checked on this mr bobcole, since its been a while since i took that pic (heck, i traded off that RIA a while back...), it was a CMC mag

all my CMCs are the same 8rnder powermags w/ the plastic basepads w/ no markings and just the 2 faint molding dots on the sides

Well, I've been wrong before...........

What threw me off, I think, is none of my 8rd CMC mags are Powermags, they're all CMC standard mags with the flat metal baseplate.
Link Posted: 1/20/2008 10:01:23 AM EST
I've had great luck with the CMC shooting star 8-round mags. Not a single mag related issue.
Top Top