Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 7/29/2005 8:38:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 7/29/2005 8:39:22 PM EDT by anomad]
I have the itch for one of the 317 8 shot 22's for carrying on my mtn bike or hiking. Not for bear protection, just to assasinate the occasional unsuspecting rat or non-native bird (ie starling).

Anyone have thoughts about these or a viable alternative?

Link Posted: 7/31/2005 2:39:22 PM EDT
AFAIK, there's no other competition in the same class as far as weight of gun. They are indeed a good choice for LW carry in a .22 caliber.

I use a model 63, a stainless steel model with more weight than I would prefer.

Link Posted: 7/31/2005 8:13:12 PM EDT
I got one and when you have it on your belt , you forget it's there. Nice shooting gun.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 7:32:50 PM EDT
Got to handle one last weekend. What a lightweight little bundle of joy.... Its officially on my (very long) wish list
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 8:30:35 AM EDT
I have one as well. Works great, very lightweight, accurate, fun to shoot. My wife doesn't like the DA trigger pull, a bit strong for her. So I may need to keep shooting it more to loosen it a bit or look into reducing the trigger pull. But I like it and it shoots great.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 10:07:38 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Riverhouse:
I have one as well. Works great, very lightweight, accurate, fun to shoot. My wife doesn't like the DA trigger pull, a bit strong for her. So I may need to keep shooting it more to loosen it a bit or look into reducing the trigger pull. But I like it and it shoots great.

That trigger ain't going to loosen up. I may replace the spring on mine to lighten it. Wolff makes a spring that will do the trick. I'd like to replace it myself, but I'm not sure what's involved.

It is a nice gun. I bought mine to get my wife into shooting. That didn't work. Now my 8yr old son and I shoot it about twice a month.
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 7:07:07 PM EDT
Yeah, the DA trigger on a rimfire will always be stiff, it takes a pretty good whack to touch off those primers. SA can be quite nice.

I saw a taurus display this weekend and they are coming out with an ultra light 9 shot 22. Its not as light as the smith and has a 2" bbl as the only choice. I would really like a 4" bbl.
Top Top