Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/4/2006 12:53:53 PM EDT
Anyone CCW a P220?  What holster do you use?  Like it?  Hate it?  I'm looking for an IWB holster.

Thanks.

Link Posted: 1/4/2006 1:32:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Comp Tac  (google it)

They make some of the best Kydex IMO.  I've carried one for a couple years now (paddle) and LOVE it.  Also used one on a USP45F.  Their holsters and pouches are top notch gear.  I've got holsters and pouches for my 220 and 226 and use them regularly.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 1:43:04 PM EDT
[#2]
I carry my P220 in a Galco "Waistband" IWB holster... I have a Galco SkyOps tuckable, as well, but rarely use it because it only fits a 1.25 inch belt, and does not work well with jeans (due to the leather brand tag on the jeans not fitting under the Y-hook on the holster)... when the weather is cooler and I can wear a jacket to cover it up, my 220 rides in a Galco FLETCH.  Same system for P229... but I much prefer carrying my 220.

-tjg
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 3:16:24 PM EDT
[#3]
My 220 has been my primary CCW for the last couple of years. I've carried it mostly in a Blade-Tech strongside OWB with absolute comfort, though due to the ride of the holster I have to wear a shirt or fleece that hangs low enough to conceal it.
I did just get a Milt Sparks VM2 IWB for the P220, and it is the cats a$$ for comfort and concealment. Hell, with the VM2 I can wear just a t-shirt with no sign of carrying. I admit, though, that I bought the holster to see what all the praise was about; I'm glad I did.
With that said I still wouldn't hesitate to carry in just a simple Don Hume IWB clip-on. I have one for a Glock 19 and it's perfectly functional, just not as pretty as the VM2. And it will conceal under a t-shirt as well, just not as comfortably. My $.02  
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 3:58:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the advice guys.  I will let you know what i choose by the end of next week...
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 4:21:16 PM EDT
[#5]
I just ordered a VM2 for the 220 I have on the way.  Now I need to make a kydex to hold out for the 4 months it'll take to get it.

Milt Sparks didn't get a 4 month order backlog by selling bad products.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 4:12:03 AM EDT
[#6]
VM2 or a Watch 6.  I've heard Bullman Gun Leather makes quality holsters but I dont have any first hand experience with them.  

Last time I carried my P220 I used a High Noon Mr. Softy IWB holster.  It is not the same quality or design of the MS products but it worked and it was very thin.  When carrying a full size pistol I normally have a good belt such as a Wilderness Instructor and a holster than can conceal, distribute weight and stay in one place for long periods of time.  

My daily carry consists of a P228 in a VMII.  As you can see Milt Sparks products work for me but there are also a lot of other good holsters out there.

Theres no sense spending top dollar on a sidearm then neglecting to buy a good holster or I should say one that is of good quality.  
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 7:11:25 AM EDT
[#7]
http://www.bianchi-intl.com/product/Prod.php?TxtModelID=84

very nice holster. works with my 226R and my 220. snap lock for the waist is my favorite.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 7:33:58 AM EDT
[#8]
I have used one of these for the past 5 years of carrying my P220 concealed. I wear t-shirts to cover it. It rides nice and tight to the body. I have used the Desantis Cozy Partner for IWB but prefer the OWB since it moves with you better.
http://www.desantisholster.com/001.html
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 1:02:01 AM EDT
[#9]
I use a Galco IWB. It also fits my Ruger P345.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 4:42:34 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 11:09:51 PM EDT
[#11]
i live in the houston area, and it is hot and humid most of the time. so i tend to stay with the jeans and t-shirts. most of the time i wear a Gun Leather Inc. 7A-A5 swade leather holster. it does not stick to the skin like most leather and kydex holsters do. it has a good strong clip and hold up a very long time. i have had my current holster for 7 years now and wear it just about everyday.

ks
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 11:12:46 AM EDT
[#12]
tag,

just sent in for my Ohio CCW and a Sig P220 is all i have right now.  Plan on getting a smaller Sig, but not sure when.  great thread
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 4:09:28 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
i live in the houston area, and it is hot and humid most of the time. so i tend to stay with the jeans and t-shirts. most of the time i wear a Gun Leather Inc. 7A-A5 swade leather holster. it does not stick to the skin like most leather and kydex holsters do. it has a good strong clip and hold up a very long time. i have had my current holster for 7 years now and wear it just about everyday.

ks

I do not see this on the gunleather, inc website??
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 7:04:55 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

ks

I do not see this on the gunleather, inc website??

here ya go. this is the one i have. i trimmed it it alittle so my P239 will fit also. next time i will just get 2 holsters.

give them a call. they can help you find a dealer or just buy from them. my last catalog listed the holster for 11 bucks.

Gun Leather, Inc.
116 Lipscomb
Fort Worth, TX 76104
(800) 247-0609
gunleather.net
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 10:10:37 PM EDT
[#15]
ah ha.  that would explain things.  i had a different website and company.  thanks for the info, KS
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 10:41:27 PM EDT
[#16]
opps may bad. i frogot about gunleather.com . let us know what you go with.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 5:33:19 PM EDT
[#17]
Not a 220, but a 226 (rail or no) is carried in a safekeeper.
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 5:40:56 AM EDT
[#18]
I carry my 220 in a Blade Tech IWB. Very comfortable and concealable. My last one lasted over 10 years of daily use and kept my 1911 form rusting out.(its still going strong too)

I used to use leather IWB's, but mine looked like Knight_Shadow's only worse after a day or two in the summer and the leather never dries out. Rough out leather is the worst and sucks the sweat right up. Wet holsters equal rusty guns and are damned uncomfortable if your tee shirt rides up and they rub your bare skin raw. I was going through two or three leather holsters a summer before I found Blade Tech. I havent looked back and have at least one for every pistol I own.
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 5:29:14 PM EDT
[#19]
+1 on the blade-tech in the waist band been using one for 5 years by far my favorite holster.
-sigadvantage-
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 8:24:45 PM EDT
[#20]
Looks like we'll be going with a Blade-tech IWB for now, with plans to keep an eye on other holster types in the coming months.  Thanks much to everyone for their help!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top