Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/17/2006 7:21:16 PM EDT
Any major concerns I should worry about before buying? I here Kimber only has a one year warrenty and service sucks. Any truth to this? Please help
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 7:48:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Uh, no, their service is pretty good, all things considered.  I know quite a few people that have sent their guns back with feeding problems, and the factory took care of everything.  
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 7:56:19 PM EDT
[#2]
I bought a TLE a couple months ago. It is on it second trip back to Kimber now. Kept having failure to extract issues. They are now replacing the slide with a new one w an internal extractor. The pistol is very accurate and Kimber is fixing it but its taking awhile. I have read several posts on other forums with the same problem. Kimber external extractor has issues and the are discontinuing them. If it has an EE dont buy it.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 7:08:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Custom TLE/RL II here.  400 rds down the pipe of Rem UMC, CCI blazer, and two boxes of gold dots.  Using wilson 47d's which through some research I found are highly recommended to not mess up your aluminum frame.  Not one FTF or FTE.  Mine is an internal extractor model.  Puts the bullets where i tell it to real well.  I love it.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 8:52:44 PM EDT
[#4]
My TLE/RL II took a little while to break in. Mine is an external extractor
Also doesn't like one brand of FMJ ammo (cci independence)I've tried to feed through it. Everything else I have tried so far is fine (wolf, wwb, blazer). Doesn't seem to have problems until it gets about 75-100 rounds worth of dirty in it.
It loves Gold Dots, so I'm not too concerned.

The Wilson 47Ds are essential.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top